• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a slip plate question. If you were gonna apply it to the bottom of a mowing deck and the deck is down to bare metal, should the surface be primed and painted or is it okay to apply the slip plate directly to the bare metal?

I'd at least prime it to prevent rust. (or some type of rust inhibitor)
I need to redo my 2166 deck , it's been a couple of years.

Ken- I heard tale that Art's wife made him put the make-up on his mugg for 2 weeks just to cover up the ugly on him, plus put it on her just to make up for breaking the mirror in their master suite.

I was happy to see snow, but I want more so I can see if I can make the 1864 "bark", I know my 582M with blade can handle big snows, but it is a PITA to have to blade them when ya can move them out with less effort and make Charlie's upgrade pulley on a QAxxA look sick, I was blowing white 25' high today and 60+' to the side
happy.gif
With OEM pulleys and belts
happy.gif

Kentuck, Thanx, I kinda thought prime and paint but I wasn't sure, I've never used slip plate so I thought I'd ask before I start the project.

Henri, if it were me I'd prime it and paint it then I'd put two coats of Slip-Plate on. Also I'd use the brush on version of Slip-Plate as I've heard it has more graphite in it then the spray on version.

were getting snow and i got no cub blade. i will have to be content to just drive around with the rear blade lol.have to make up a new pin for the lift as the one i was useing got bent from lifting the back blade.i must have used the wrong knid of steel (strength). what do you all use for lift pins. i`am thinking case hardned?
coffee.gif

trying to get Jim a Cub and can`t get the right serial # lol

was up till 1.30 am last night got a new book and could not put it down till i found the end.here is a shot of my lift pin. hope you can see the bend at the end. have a great day.
coffee.gif

75626.jpg

Donald, I tried 3/8 threaded rod bent on a 90% threaded into a piece of 3/4 square stock with nuts welded on the ends and kept breaking at the bend. I then used clevises and straight threaded rod for adjustment and they work great I know there there other ideas out there just waiting to hear and try them, John

Thanks to charlie for posting the photos, and shawn murry for passing on a great cub cadet attatchment......much appreciated...glen

Hi kraig, sorry for getting back so late with this , but have been a busy boy, and thanks for the comments on the 1200. That is a "refresh" job that has been done, i was going to make this my plowing tractor, but with the new toy, and it not needing any lift, i figured that the 1200 will be it's new home( don't want to waste a hydro lift, on somethin that don't need it), but i have my eye on a 109 that might also make a great home for the sickle mower.....

Jim s and donald t .....Jim, welcome... was going to look up where hebbs cross was, but see jim is from bridgewater, so hebbs cross must be close by...i am actually from Antigonish, N.S., , have an ucle who just retired from the bridgewater police force (Robert"bobby"Smith)....seen a 482 for sale in digby a few years back, and a couple farmall cubs on long island, just off of digby neck.....

DONALD - That pin is 1.00" dia. if I remember right.....How in the heck did You bend it! Granted I never liked IH's "3-point" or sleeve hitch adapter much anyhow....
About the best advice I can think of is try a piece of COLD ROLLED round....and depending on where You look (You Sure won't find it at a hardware store!) look for a 4140 CR or 4130 CR. But 1018 CR should be fine.
"Case Hardened" means the outside 1/16" of the material is hardenend to wear from abrasion, etc. while the inside of the mat'l is soft for shock absorption. You really don't need that for the lift pin.

Latest posts

Back