• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Brendan-

Yes, I'm fine now
happy.gif

Ken, I couldn't find anything either on AB Daly and emailed someone in the Coos Bay town office. He seemed to recognize the name but couldn't find anything. We'll see what the historical society says.

Ok Matt

thumbsup.gif

Bren

I thought about the Chamber of Commerce but since I don't own one ;)

Hi all, I found a NOS batt. hold down today! The guy I got it from wanted to keep the cloth bag it came in, I watched him take it out of the bag, but was wondering why is it white instead of yellow? The seller didn't know, but swears it's original NOS, I guess I just thought they were supposed to be yellow?? Anybody know why it's white? Thanks
happy.gif

75581.jpg

Ryan K -

A long time ago, it was suggested that service parts were painted yellow, white, red or black. Whatever was in the gun at the time.

Thanks Bryan, that makes sense to me, kinda like now on the parts that you still can get they come black instead of yellow, in most cases anyhow. I'm just happy to of found this what ever color, these are almost always junk! Just wanted to be sure it wasn't reproduction or something. Never seen a white one before.
happy.gif

Ryan; I bought one from IH back about 1973 and it was IH white.

Hi. I'm having trouble with the drive shaft on my 682. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to want to line up with the transmission when attached to the motor. I have the spacers under the motor. Do I need these? It wants to run about a quarter inch out of round at the transmission. Any help will be benefical. Thanks!

Guys
After being gone for a couple of days and catching up with the posts I thought I would give you my thoughts on the belly blade. I need one I have 2 rear blades and 1 front blade and what I have found is that the front moves the material best but digs in too much to level off good my rear blades dont pull much material but levels it good as long as its level surface the problem is when going up or down and incline the rear blade will not follow the terrain it wants to dig in so a belly blade I think would be best in that circumstance

I think My old CCO would have a heart attack with a new battery holddoun most of it is rotted away. Have found that a piece of small angle iron with the holes drilled from the inside of the bend works great. The 100 however got a new one from cub cadet.

Ryan, Jerry, here's a reproduction battery hold down made by Dan Hoefler, and the die he built to make them in.

75588.jpg

75589.jpg

75590.jpg

75591.jpg

Kraig,
And I would defy anyone to hold a NOS in one hand and one of Dans in the other and tell a difference!
Same goes for the lift rods ad pretty much everything else Dan CREATES!

Charlie, true! However to prevent people from selling his parts as NOS he stamps them with a little flag logo. BTW, that's my hand and that particular battery hold down is in my Cub shed.
buttrock.gif

Here's an example of the flag logo, this is on a reproduction Brinly adapter blank. The "1204" is the date, December 2004 and the "PS" is for Precision Services, the name of his company. The battery hold down is also stamped with the flag but I don't have a good photo of it.... yet...
proud.gif

75593.jpg

I'll never forget seeing Dan make a Brinly sleeve adaptor right before our eyes. That press he has is unbelievable!
yikes.gif

I have to tell everyone a little story here.
I ordered some rather hard to find NOS parts from one of our sponsors,Madson's Service, and they came through with flying colors once again!

THANKS Scott & crew.
thumbsup_old.gif

Frankly....If MTD doesn't at least CALL Dan about becoming a supplier somebody @ MTD is really asleep at the Wheel! I know it's something Dan probably doesn't want to get into.... He'd rather build slotcar tracks, go cruising in His Boss 302 that I REALLY have to get up there and see.... Stuff like that He enjoys.... But He does SUCH a Danged nice job on everything He does. I so wish I could find suppliers like him! Only home workshop I know of that has it's own 2-1/2" Horizontal boring mill!
groupwave.gif
Last time Son & I saw Dan was @ RPRU in Penfield, IL back in '03 I think it was.....We talked for an HOUR about His boring mill. I had just left working for the company that built it 40-50 yrs ago, G&L.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

We talked for an HOUR about His boring mill.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

If you talked about it for an hour, it must not have been too boring!
roflol.gif
rofl.gif

My friend Jim Spence has just spoke for the 125 for sale in the IH Cub Cadet Classifieds . he has requested to goin this group and is waiting to here back so he can get the info he needs. another Cub will be finding a home in Nova Scotia.
now to get it moved to Maine
coffee.gif

Latest posts

Back