• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad R.
When others get pissy because they don't seem to get what they want. It is aimed at me!
I take it very personally when someone jumps on any one of OUR guys.

So if I'm takin what you said right.
You don't have time to (OK here it comes)
rtfm.gif
or at least buy one!

I set here everyday and think of all the YEARS that guys like Bob N., Bryan M,Kraig M,Paul B, Myron B. Dennis F and so many others set and post information to everyone for free and ask nothin in return, AND 99% of the time they get not even a thank you for their time or efforts.

And don't think that anyone here (Outside of me) doesn't have a full time job, does things for others non Cub related!

I would hate to think how many emails and phone calls that are taking place every freakin day that we don't even know about that these guys answer!

It just ticks me off to no end when new guys come on ANY forum, not only this one and expect everything handed to them on a silver platter and then leave, never to return UNLESS they need these guys again.

I can count on 2 hands the number of guys that check and answer questions on any one of the GOOD Cub Cadet forums on the net.

We had a guy just the other day that asked a question, he got a straight forward COMPLETE answer and didn't think it was good enough, because the guy that answered it dint go into a step by step dissertation on how to fix his problem.
So after he emailed me bitchin, I told him that maybe he just dint understand the BIG PICTURE and to re-read what was posted and lemme know what he thought.
Here's what he sent!
"Please remove me from this list."

I could go on here for pages, but IMO it's a waste of time and effort for such a trivial subject.

This forum has been around for going on 12 years and has survived many adversities and will more than likely survive many more as long as guys realize that the world does not revolve around them and they are owed something for contributing nothing from the people they demand everything from!

I've said close to what I really oughta say, but I'll leave it as it is for now.
And believe me, I could say a LOT more.

Well that oughta cut the bandwidth usage down for a week or so!

bash.gif

To get back on topic,
Did\Do all Kohler pistons have a stamp on top?
Some one posted a while back about the pistons being stamped either STD or 0.10,020,0.30. I pulled the head on my 129 the other day and cleaned off the carbon, but did not see any stamp.
I know that the PO had this motor rebuilt a couple of years ago. Could this be an after- market piston?
Brad

Well, I may have kicked up a little dust, too.. First off, Josh, don't leave - it would be our loss! Second - I'll explain some of the comments I make....
I've spent 40 years providing support to people, most of whom were as grateful for the help they got as I was for the opportunity to serve them. At the same time, there was always a minority that refused to learn how to use the tools we were providing, broke the rules that were for the benefit of all and generally refused to follow the norms for the environment they were in.....so- I react even here on the forum..

.. Yup, I've made comments regarding posts where there is no effort to make them readable. There is a big difference between spelling something wrong and a total non effort at putting the English language in a format legible by the other forum members..This, as far as I'm concerned , is a total lack of respect for the other users..

... I tend to see the funny side of life, therefore if a post seems vague, humorous or maybe a little silly, you might have seen a similar response - no RTFM's or WTF's, but maybe poking a little fun...

.... I've called some things out when I thought postings were opinion, not fact - see my previous post today.

....Lastly, I've made some noise when I thought a boundary was crossed - there should be common sense about some things that you can't always put into a rule ....some of these things to me have been the equivalent of going to a party and then spitting on the floor of the host.

If this has offended - sorry... I 'll try to remember that I'm a guest in this house also...

thumbsup.gif

Charlie,
I just read your response...
I have downloaded every manual for every machine that I own. And I have read them. My background is in Weapons, not tractors. I may sound ignorant about these cubs, simply because I am.
I did'nt know the first thing about them or the terminology that the manuals used. That is why I came here. And now that I do have some knowledge(very little) I try to answer the posts that I have experience on with dignity and respect for those who are needing help. I have supported the sponsors, and even have gave you some business.

I have only been here for a little over a year and have little knowledge about past history of this site.
But apparently I have struck a nerve in you. That wasn't my intention, as I said earlier.

The point I was trying to make was this: treat each other as you would want to be treated.

You said it best in the instructions in the sandbox, "in other words Play Nice"
Brad

lucas donald jones

I see your question and don`t want it to be missed . I had to read your profile to see what Cub Cadet you are asking about. Could you please give me some more information so I can help ,I have 2 O`s here and might be able to help.
(Hi I am having problems with my 1962 cadet, the clutch has went out I have adjusted it just like
the service manual says the only thing i can get it do do is clutch in gear ) I wait for you to answer. thanks Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

I don't really understand what all of the fuss is about. I have been here only a few months and can see that this forum, like all others I have visited is comprised of people and their views. When you get people together bad apples surface and that's a fact of life.

I've posted here and gotten wonderful, time saving answers and I've posted and been ignored (only once). I figure what the heck. I'm sure it's happened to others as well.

All I can say for Charlie is I hope the site is lucrative enough to justify all of the grief and BS he puts up with. I'm not sure I could do it myself and stay out of jail.

One more thing, if any newbies (like myself) are shopping around for cub sites look no further. This site is the best I've seen so far for knowledge AND parts (with a touch of humor, drama, and happy moments). It's also the easiest with fewest computer mishaps. And "thank yous" are always in order. If you're getting something for free you can at least thank the provider.

To keep on topic, I'm getting ready to fire up the 1250 and just ride around cui (the c stands for cubbing).

Brad R, Can you measure it to see if it's std bore? I've found a lot of pistons in engines not marked but every one I've replaced had the stamp. Not saying I know anything for sure. I wonder if mabey the kohler installed piston wasn't stamped.

I dont post too awful much here in the winter, too cold out in the cub den to work. I just wanted to say that I am very thankful for this site. Charlie, Kendall, Myron, Kraig and countless others have helped me as much as possible without actually being here at my home. I try to always say thank you and there are times when I dont get a response to questions and that's ok with me. Like Charlie says, "just enough to get you thinking" has sometimes helped me and I feel I have accomplished more if just pointed in the right direction rather than flat out given the answer. I love my Cubs and I love this site and am very greatful for it and all who contribute to it. These little tractors make me angry at times and I would rather shoot them but I'm persistant and get the help I need sometimes. I can honestly say that, yes I have made a few of you angry and we have had it out, and I always apologize. Im young and fiesty and sometimes wet behind the ears and lack tact at times, but you guys all ROCK!
To stay on subject, I got the 104 out and drove it around the block. PO said it hadnt run in like 15 years till I got my hands on it! She's a smooth runner! Once the weather turns nicer I'm going to start on the 123. A full rebuild with pics to be posted!!

Brendan, do you still have that extra QA42 auger?

Art
(I'm beginning to think that you just post all of these "progress" photos to spite all of us working-stiffs. LOL!)
I do post to much I guess , but If I post on what I`am doing that just might get someone else to post what there up to. I think its great because that is how I learn. yes I can read but always found the task easier if some one could take the time to show me how. Thanks Guys . Don T

Matt G
last week you quoted me what you had paid for the tires you bought for your cub and I said that the epay site for me was to high a price at $140.00 with out tubes. We I have found I can get these tires out of Quebec Canada . here is what he sent me for the price.
The price for the tires

170/60X8 6pr V61 $30.76 + tx

And for the tubes

16/650/750-8 tube valve tr-13 $8.50 + tx

Freight would be $20 + tx for everything.
Lets just say that I will order them on Monday. thanks for setting me straight on the V61s
later Don T
thumbsup_old.gif

Back