• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....and that.
happy.gif

This was on my daily calender tearoff.

33500.jpg

The patent was filed by Greg Lafferty from Plymouth, IN.

Kraig - Do you have a pict? I downloaded the patent drawings but they don't do it justice.

JimE

Jim E. -

2003??? You mean some backyard tinkerer thought that highly of themselves that they went and put a patent on it? UFB...

Jim E., sorry no picture. I see that they refer to the tractor as a Club Cadet.

Kraig,

The patent has it spelled right. I am emailing the text in a word file and the drawings in jpgs. The file below is an overall view.
33502.jpg

Hmmm, even though the file size is shown as only 22kb it is more like 800kb. Sooooo I resized it and saved it, so here goes a second try.

33510.jpg

Kraig -

Thanks...

RE: the picnic table - what was that Styx song?
lol.gif

<font size="-2">...tick tick ticking away...</font>

That would be do-able with a hydro, steering wheel and hydro lever sticking up through the top of the table. Away we go!
beer2.gif

Kraig,

The file may not have been really a JPG. It had some strange extension when I downloaded it. I changed it (renamed the esxtension) and was able to view it with the XP viewer. I forgot to run a resize which probably then would have done a conversion to true JPG. I was in the middle of a project and drove 2 nails through a water pipe with my nail gun so I have been busy recovering and catching up. A brain f--t day.

JimE

Regarding wide-frame/narrow-frame plow blades:

Are the blade/spring assemblies universal, so that, for instance, swapping out a sub-frame will allow you to mount a "N/F" blade to a W/F tractor by bolting up the blade/spring assembly to a W/F subframe?

Seems like in my locale there are millions of NF blades, but no WF ones, and some guy is selling a WF subframe on ebay right now...

I'm sure this has been asked before:

What is the origin behind the name Cub Cadet?

Both words seem to evoke something that is not yet mature or experienced enough, something the Cubs certainly are not, in their respective equipment class.

It just seems weird to me. "Cub" I suppose, because it's a smaller version of a full-size (like a cub bear), but why "Cadet", like it's a freshman at a learning institution, or has much yet to learn about the lawn-care game?

Back