• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a perfect example of the cropping tool gone awry.
clappy.gif
And all to save server space.
taunt.gif

While looking through the 1x4/5 brochure I noticed the caption on this photo.

33493.jpg

Hmmmm, never heard it referred to as a weight box before, tool box yes but weight box?

Terry, don't get me started on image cropping issues......

Anyone know if a Kohler KT17S out of a 782 is worth rebuilding? Got one with a broken connecting rod, but engine still ran on one cylinder. Inspection of broken rod cylinder does not reveal any cylinder wall damage.

Spring Plow Day 11 update,
Travis ask me to post this info.

The date has been set for April 8th with a rain date of April 15th in Rockford Iowa at the Travis Schweizer farm.
We're still ironing out the Registration thing so bear with us for a while.
Keep an eye on http://plowday.net/ for further details.

Roland,

I don't believe it is a series II KT17S engine, it does not have pressure lube. In that case should I toss it and keep looking?

Rob N:

Go here and check: http://cubfaq.com/kt17specs.html

If you have a Series I, NO - do not repair for two reasons. (A) Not worth it, and (B) new parts are NLA.

If you have a Series II, they are rebuildable.

You could also drop in a M-18 with minor electrical modifications.

Roland,

I'll check the engine tonite, and let you know. Unfortunately I don't have a 782 to put the KT17S in, I hope to purchase one in the near future.

Dave K. -- Thanks for the info on running the charge pump in reverse. Saves me a few gray hairs!

Keith

I have tried several tire dealers (one a large ag tire/truck dealer in our area) and not one of them can come up with tri-ribs for the front of a cub cadet.
Would one of you guys mind sharing a dealers name and phone number where I can find tri-rib front tires?
Thanks, Jim

Charlie.

Just courious, is the plowday being held this year 2006 or last year 2005??
whistling.gif

Jim,

Tucker Tire...Check their "Buy It Now" listings on EBay. Should be +/-$50/pr.

Jim,
I know you can get the tri-ribs from one of the sponcers at the top of this page.

Charlie,
I was just wondering if I would have to build a time travel machine to attend the one in 2005, you know a cub cadet powered time travle machine, say powered by a 169 with a rear pto.

(Message edited by lbuttke on January 18, 2006)

Rob: both KT series I & II were oil psi fed. but in the series I they psi feed the camshaft only & the drip off from the cam splash lubed the rods. good idea till you ran it on a side hill to long or ran it low on oil you'd lose a rod. so on the sries II they psi fed the rods. the mag 18 is pretty much the same as the KT series II. Kohler KT had soch a bad name that when they basicly called it a 18 hp magnum & put a new ignition on it. rebuild parts are still available for the series I. I'm not sure about through Kohler but through aftermarket company's. I haen't sat down & study'd it but bore & stroke are the same in a I or II so I'd have to believe that rods & pistons would or should interchange. but I as others have said, I don't know if you'll want to spend any money on a series I only to still have the design flaw there that could cause another broken rod.

Charlie, white fenders and what looks like a fiberglass pan seat on what is listed as a 102!?!?!?!? Please email me a high resolution version of that.

Back