• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
And of course, Bears Bears Bears Bears have
animatedIHbear.gif
33452.jpg

CUBS CUBS CUBS
ihrotate.gif

to keep on topic.. GO BEARS

James,

Is the engine running at 3600 rpm??? Verified with a tach????

Is your drive belt slipping???

I posted a week or so ago that my Hydro is leaking. A couple of months ago I rebuilt the rag joint couplings on the back of the drive shaft. In order to get access to the coupling I had to remove the hydro filter. It came off very hard and I dented the sides of the filter. I believe this might be causing the leak. At the time I didn't want to run down to the store to get another filter and figured it would be OK even though the dents were extensive. I figured the worst thing that would happen is it would leak. Then when it did, I forgot about the filter being dented.
bash.gif
Anyways, I plan on replacing the filter some time this week to see if that fixes this leak. If this doesn't fix the leak I will most likely have to remove the filter again to fix whatever gaskets need to be replaced. When I put the filter on originally I coated the filter seal with hytran. However this wasn't enough to stop the seal from sticking. Is there a better method to assure the filter doesn't stick? What about anti-seize or a thin film of wheel bearing grease?

Thanks,

Tom
It ain't over till the fat bear CUB growls...

TD BEARSSSS!!!

I have started a 4x4 project with plans to use a Festiva 4 cylinder engine, but just realized that auto engines run opposite of Kohler's. Anyone have any idea how to make this work with a hydro?

Terry, Keith, flipping the diff. would reverse tractor direction, but the engine would be turning the pump the wrong way. put the engine in back wards and couple the drive shaft to the front of the engine
wave.gif
Just my .02.......

(Message edited by dallen on January 15, 2006)

Tom; Feel the same way about the Bears. Better buy a Cub to feel better.

Sorry tom...
my teams are the giants and the bearssss. oh well time for NASCUB er, NASCAR

Terry:
anti-seize contains abrasives. I think those abrasives are metal particles. I'd try grease or vasoline instead.

KENT ORTMAN - On that Ertl Precision 1206 model, It was patterned after a 1206 a REDPOWER MAGAZINE Forum regular restored about 2-3 yrs ago. It was "GrandPa's tractor" salvaged as pieces from a salvage yard. Amazing reconstruction story and excellent work. It was the Cover Tractor on RPM and a full story with before & after pic's. It's been to the last Redpower Roundup in Mt. Pleasant, Ia. too. The 1206 was considered "One of the BEST Tractors" ever produced at FARMALL both by Customers and the people at FARMALL.
To keep this on topic..... The Cubbies at home are feeling neglected... No snow left on the ground at all at home..... and no leaves or grass to mow. Guess I better take the snow blower off the 72.... and make it snow!

Steve: No belt isn't slipping however I don't have a tach on it but will buy one to install just to try and figure out whats wrong.

Keith, flip the whole real axle around and drive the pump from what was the rear output shaft. This assumes you don't mind having the hydro unit sticking out the rear slightly. Maybe this is what Terry was thinking.

Peter R., nice job on the snowthrower. How about a close up view of those custom skids? Or should I say skis?
happy.gif

One more question on the 1450 I bought it is not charging checked according to manual have 12.2 volt dc at battery and 12.2 volt dc at b+ middle terminal of rectifier (regulator) then manual said to check ac volts at top and bottom wire (ac)of rectifier removed wires and checked running wide open could not get my meter to read right, so borrowed neighboors and his did not read right either (what I mean by read right is meter was fluctuating so bad could not get a reading) if stator were bad would that cause that fluctuating, I do appreciate all the help you guys give out and thanks in advance. Jim

Back