• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 14, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
Sure...
This was as I got it.
15136.jpg

Mounted on 1650.
15137.jpg

After paint.
15138.jpg

And mounted on 149.
15139.jpg

Kent-
I use Mobil1 10W30 in my 169. I don't know about 5W50, I know the couple friends with motorcycles only use Castrol in their air-cooled bikes.

What I'm suprised with is that I found Shell Rotella T in a 10W30 with a gasoline rating, been using it in my pickup for 2 months now with much less oil burning. Might be a good Cub oil for those that use a little.

i would like to thank every body for there help with my problem. looks like i am geting close what happens is i am loosing spark at times if i check it it works fine. try it again and loose it seems points related have change every thing mybe the new points are giving the problem. have replace the coil.the plug wire the points wire the condenser. isolated the rest of the tractor from the engine.still no go.the points seem to spark every time the open and close but hook up to plug and it throws every other time. its so cold and can't seem to work on it long. at 7 degees my hands get cold fast.at least i found the problem know to fix it!

Kenny thanks for the offer maybe some time i will take you up on that.

Steve B that may happen some time all i need is a set of cases and i have a twin cam harley motor. the torque would be some thing to smile about
yummy.gif

By John "cubs+deeres=fun!
happy.gif
(Jlang) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

Hi Guys, I'm going to make a GT delivery with my pickup to just west of Chicago within the next week or so, when ever weather permits. Would have room for pickup load load back to Waterloo, IA area if that would help someone. Email me with particulars if it would help you out.

I am a new owner of a 149. I am NOT much of a mechanic. I have a question/problem: As I was mounting the snowblower on the 149, the hood inadvertantly slammed down when I raised the snowblower. The engine died and now when I turn the key, I get nothing. It seems like a loose electrical connection, but again I am not a mechanic. Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,

Bruce R,
I start checkin for cut or loose wires up around the dash area where the hood slammed down. You could also might have knocked a fuse holder loose.Might have knocked a wire loose on the Starter/Generator too. You might also want to make a general check of ALL your electrical connections just cause you prolly ain't done it yet this year, grin

Bruce:

Would bet that the connection at the switch is either loose or has a bad pole. Sounds like the vibration from the hood either shook it apart or the connection was so poor due to corrosion that it finaly lost continuity.

Tedd-
I'm about 2.5 hours straight North of the WRM event. You guys are welcome to come over, but I'm not sure what your gas budget is like!
happy.gif

Kraig
Sigh, how quickly we forget...
15145.jpg

Hello,

Just came in from plowing 4" of snow here in western pa.using an old 1962 cub original. Boy, you just can't say enough about those old rugged machines...... Have a nice day..

WYATT - Where'd You find 10W-30 Rotella on a shelf? I have to go to an oil distributor in Madison to get any! The 10W-30 doesn't have quite the multiple ratings like the 15W-40 does but My truck sure spins over faster since I changed from 15W-40 to 10W-30 in it two weeks ago. I normally use two or three 6-gal. cases a winter in My truck. I also use either 10W-30 or 15W-40 in ALL My other tractors as You know. KENT - That Castrol Syntech 5W-50 seems like over-kill in Your 300 unless it's got a freshly rebuilt engine. ANY name brand detergent oil would be fine in Your 300. I push snow with My Super H (when We have enough snow!) and I use Rotella 10W-30 or 15W-40 in it. But it has a block heater and sits in a shop that hasn't been under 38 degrees for over a year. It was 9 degrees outside this AM and 41 degrees in the shop.

Kent

i use that 5W-50 in my 149 all year round, works great... starts in the winter down to about 10 degrees, and kicks butt in the summer....

Would an Aluminun Pulling clutch disk be a good upgrade for an around the farm user or is better to replace the original friction disk?

Kraig - Thanks for the thought. I don't think that the Mrs. would buy into that logic. The 109 might just get some TLC and stay in the stable.
smile.gif
Let me take a quick inventory of tractors that I have crammed in to my shed and garage:

OCC - project tractor
582 modified

So I don't think that there is a shortage of tractors in the stable!!!
ihrotate.gif

(Message edited by hsimon on January 15, 2004)

Colin, thanks. Nice paint job.

Art, I didn't forget, I recall that it was nice out when you set out with it. Besides, Mrs. "Keeper of the Photos" knows what the 149 and all the other parts chassis are intended for. :eek:)

Hugh, yeah, with that many Cubs around she likely wouldn't buy into it. Looks like you have an advanced case of yellow & white fever, remember there's no known cure, only temporary relief from occasional new Cubs or Cub stuff. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 15, 2004)

Latest posts

Back