• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 11, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B. Watson

I have used Mobil 1 5w30 in my 1250 for the last 6 years. Works great, I had my oil pan off this fall to regasket---- you would not believe how clean the inside of the engine was.

I have a QA-42 snowthrower that broke the output shaft bevel gear. The local Cub Dealer cannot find a part number. Can anyone tell me the part number to see if they can get it? if I cannot get one from them, then I will take the whole works over to Motion Distributers, If I go this route, is there any advice that the board would reccomend? I also have no idea what the gear ratio is, so that would also be helpful.
Thanks, Todd

Charlie that was axle # 2 at Little G.Now have 30 mm axles have not broken them yet tried but they are ok.

MIKE, Charlie - Those BIG Firestones "Hook-Up" pretty good don't they! I put a set on the 982 about 1-1/2 yrs ago. I wasn't happy with the 30 Deg. bar Carlisles that was on it.
yummy.gif

Todd-

call one of those sponsors at the top of the page- they'll be more than happy to help you out, and promptly send you the part you need..

To Todd Golding, the part number for the bevel gear is IH-475604-R1, hope this helps
jeff

opps i made a mistake, Todd the correct part number for the bevel gear,is IH-475600-R1 i wasn't paying attention, the first part number was for the input shaft

Anone heading toward Disney World with a trailer or semi this winter or early Spring? I've got a couple of decks up north that I need to get down here before the grass starts picking up speed, and I'm seriously thinking about buying a member's 782 with 60" Woods mower as well. But a round trip up north would cost me as much as the mower!

Hi All

I am just posting this here in case anyone is interested...

just of note CCC service bulletin CC-106 from 1987 is now scanned (PDF Format) so if anyone needs that shoot me an email.

The bulletin covers adding the extra ground to the Diesel model cub cadets.

I have also heard many folks do this on the gassers and it has helped the cranking/cold weather starting. I have not done it myself though on any of mine other than the 782D.

Myron B took time to explain why it works for the others... In case you were wondering! thanks Myron.

Thanks.

"It works there too but for a slightly different reason. On the gassers, all of them, IH generally put the ground to a part of the sheetmetal which was also attached to the frame. This produced a "sandwich" ply effect which over time corroded between the layers & induced very high levels of resistance in the circuit. This impedance reduces the electron flow sufficiently to cause hard(slow rotation) starting or no starting. The solution is to get away from that IH "sandwich" location & go directly to the frame on the 8/9, QL & 82 Series and/or directly to the starter mount bracket on all earlier models. This is also true on all Cubs, LoBoys, & Farmalls & other tractors from IH."

So it might apply to almost everyone if you have a hard starter your trying to get to go...

thanks.

JOHNNY S.
Give me a call at (954) 704-9590 ext 4502. I have some very good rates with Fed-Ex Freight. If you can get the decks skidded and delivered to their local Fed-Ex Freight terminal I can get them down here to Florida pretty reasonably.

Thanks for the info on repairing the carb float guys!! Think I will check around and see if I can find a new one to fit.
thumbsup.gif
With my luck they will think I had been playing with pipe bombs.

need help guys, i have my 86 all painted, an im in the process of putting it back together, it didn't have lights when i got the tractor, but i have a light kit for it, i have all new wireing harness's but i cant order the one for the rear tailights, from cub cadet, so the question is, how do i wire up the taillights, my 108 i did last year didn't have lights. thanks for any info!!

Jeff... A rear harness is probably not available the wiring for the rear light kit is extremely simple- a blue or purple wire going from the front light circuit (hot when headlights are on) follows frame rail back to tail light(s). Return for the circuit is chassis ground.

thanks "digger" i should have looked at our schematics cd for cub cadet we have here but didn't think about it, i have the main wire harness, but in the parts break down they show a seperate wire that goes between the taillights. i can make that up, since it's NLA but there are no terminal ends on the back of the cub cadet repalcement lights, it looks like you strip the wire and press it in the holes in the backing plate.??? sorry for the stupid questions, just never worked on one with lights, well an older cub.

Mark "R",
I had a similar "grounding" problem on my '48 FARMALL C. The ground connects to the steering support, when that went south it was trying to ground through the choke rod. That darned thing got so hot it burnt the s--- out of my hand. And that was only 6 Volts.
eek.gif
Good thing it didn't arc at the carb.

Jeff, there's a certain sponsor that offers that harness and has a picture of it ;-)

Back