• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just ran across this page on Marvin's website. Half way down he is standing next to the IH tractor and a write up about it.

Kraig and Dennis,
For some reason I remember the HT-340 being blue and white.?.? I remember hearing the the original HT-340 was involved in a wreck transporting it for the Nebraska testing grounds back to Chicago. I'll dig through my stuff and see if I can find it.

Found this, but blue still rings a bell........
\image(ht340}

112995.jpg

Tom
The 2002 RPRU show book, from Penfield, IL has a short history on the HT 340 (actually HT 341). Basically, the project was on the drawing board in 1958 for a new kind of transmission, and by the summer of 59 the engineers modified an I-340 with a hydrostatic transmission and called it HD 340 for Hydro Drive. It worked, but was underpowered so Phase II HT 340 (T for the turbine) was built with the turbine engine, new styling with a fiberglass body. This is the one that was damaged in a truck rollover returning to Chicago from Nebraska and I beleive it was blue at that time. It was repaired in 5 days and sent back out into the public eye but continued to have problems from the mishap. Long story short, during the next year and Phase III changes, the HT 340 became the HT 341 that ended up in the Smithsonian National Museum, and the one that was at Penfield.

I think IH should have made a Cub Cadet Skidder. I could really use one.
113018.jpg

I have a chance to get a Daihatsu 58A447 3cyl diesel cheap. Does anyone have experience with this engine? I'm thinking of repowering a future cub project with it.

Yup Paul,
I was at Penfield too. I was there with Mein Kub. That was a good show

A bit more progress, the trunions are now connected, I didn't want to resize the cable so it curves around the front of the engine and is attached to the bottom of the front unit and the top of the rear and they both move in the same direction (but I won't get into that!!!) I used a spring on the front control to take up the slack you get on a push pull cable because of the cable to casing clearance, there is now no slack between the units due to the fwd spring and they can be adjusted as per the book, so far so good.
I want to run a mower, snowblade and an under body grader so I need to decide which end will be the front, a snow blade out front of the grill would put a lot of weight about 6 ft in front of the fwd set of wheels, might be a bit much. Switching drive directions would be easy by flipping the carriers in the rear ends.
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back