• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any tri-ribs in 18x6.50-8, but I think I've read here that the Firestone 16x6.50-8 tri-ribs are taller than other tires of that size. You can get them from http://www.millertire.com, or from Chris Westfall, he just posted some for sale in the classifieds section of this site.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Matt Gonitzke (Mgonitzke) on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 09:30 pm:

If I had a nickel for every time I had to slow down for a hydro at PD.... <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Matt-
You've obviously never driven an Original at PD then.
biggrin.gif

I'll never forget standing around just before the "parade" lap at Travis' one year and somebody said, "Lets start the parade lap, but we need to keep it slow.." Travis goes, "Oh, that's easy....WHERE's AYTAY?!?!?"
LOL!
happy.gif

Mark F.-
You're going to want to be really careful when you reassemble that govenor assembly that the disk with the pin in it is still able to rotate freely with the large brass govenor nut fully tightened.

I have a 71 that I ran for years with what I thought was a sticky carb throttle shaft, but it was that disk binding on the gov. nut. Once I figured it out I just removed the nut, filed a very thin later off the backside of the shoulder to "make more room" for the rotating disk, and all was well.

Just some thoughts I guess....

when you put together a loader how do you bleed the cylenders of air?

Paul-
If it's a Johnson loader, you just "run it" and it should purge itself. Worked for me...

I could be wrong, but I believe most other brands are the same.

If you're still having issues, it could have a plugged intake screen, a kinked hose, the wrong fluid, water in the fluid, or a bad pump just to name a few things.

Art-

No, I haven't. My original doesn't run. Someday....

I was really surprised that I could keep up with 18 h.p. tractors with my little 128 at PD12. It actually worked better than the 582 'cause the 582 needs a new clutch spring. 582 slips in third, but that's getting fixed in March when I go back home again.

Christopher Cote (Ccote) i use Carlisel 4 ply 16-6.5-8 on the front of my 129 and they steer and handle weight well.
75120.jpg

Art, a bug in the software after using the quote the font is bigger.
pcwhack.gif

got the folder i inherited along with the tractor. it shows the original registration with cub cadet on 6-10-68 to my great grandfather in law. passed on to grandfather in law, father in law, and now to me. It also has the original manuals to the 42" cutting deck and the qa-36 or qa-42 snow thrower. also contains a 68 parts and accessories catalog, pamphlet for all mowers, manual (for 72, 104, 105, 124, 125). serial number is 243140. thought you cadet buffs would like that information.

theo

Snagged a Nice 104 this morning.

board-post.pl

Got a good deal because someone had stolen the starter/generator.

board-post.pl

Back