• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I'm looking for pics of pallet forks for your GT loader. Either those that you have made, or factory attachments. Thanks.

I finished my pallet forks for the Kwik-Way loader on my 1872 today...it was a marathon 1 day build.

I started with a KW manure fork that I never used because the tines were too short (18") and nothing would stay on them (except for manure
happy.gif
happy.gif
).

I reused the back plate and all of the loader mount points to save on fabrication. I sacrifice some of my view of the forks, but I considered it worth the trade off.

Forks are 3" channel, cantilevered under the back plate so that the upright joint is not subject to the full load, but rather the load is distributed to the plate. Forks are adjustable on a removeable 1" CRS bar via 1" black pipe sleeves.

Lift is just shy of 6' level and just over 7' at the fork tips when rolled back.

219271.jpg

219272.jpg

219273.jpg

219274.jpg

219275.jpg

219276.jpg

219277.jpg

Part 2:

I wanted to have an easy way to use the forks as a boom, so I added a short section of box with a grab and slip hook that can be pinned to the forks. When not in use it stores behind the back plate using the same pins.

219279.jpg

219280.jpg

219281.jpg

219282.jpg

219283.jpg

Great set up. Love the idea of the lift hooks. If I had a loader, I'd borrow this idea.

Steve, nice, 1 busy day. I like the built in storage idea

Thanks,

36" forks...any longer and they get out of proportion for the size of the rig IMHO. 36" gets you 3/4 of the way into a std pallet and will hold a sheet of plywood without it tipping....all I need
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hello guys, I haven't posted here in a good 10 yrs, but times have found me with a Cub back in the barn. I did this as a late summer/fall project- I have made a couple WH 4x4's, but always liked the Red Cubs. I hope this is in the right area-I am slightly rusty here!
219398.jpg

219399.jpg

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

Nice work,I got a call back on the set of forks up the road from me . I won`t be buying them, He said last time he used them it took three man to get them on the back of a truck. No good for my 129 loader (way to heavy). So now i`am thinking channel iron and make some.Next winter
1a_scratchhead.gif
I like red 4x4 also
drool.gif

Robert,

Nice looking 4WD. I'd be interested in some details on it.

Would you by chance be related to Michael Rock from southwest Michigan who's into John Deeres and GT pulling?

Jerry

Robert,
Awesome rig! Can you post some build details and some construction photos?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26841&id=100000268149132

This link is the best I can do - my good puter is on the blink -and am using a borrowed one- luckily I got those 2 uploaded yesterday.

Sorry to hurt the diehard Cub guys feelings, but I use Case Transaxles for my builds as they plumb easy, I have a pretty common bracketry system, and I can make the tractor turn pretty tight with no driveshafts or other hardware. Just my preference. I keep the stock engines -when available. My biggest endeavor is to try to end up with a "stock" kinda look when done. This one was a little tougher since I went from a gear drive to automatic.I don't have much for Cub parts so I had to improvise a little. The drive line consists of a stock case pump feeding a Case control valve then onto the wheel motors. The steering on this tractor is done through what used to be the lift side of the spool valve. I just toggle the valve with a link fabricated to the original steering column shaft. I am currently building a JD318 and WH520H they will be running the JD power steering valve and will keep the hyd lift. The WH has a Case 3pt added to the back and will have front hyd lift also, with remotes. I started simple with the first few tractors now I am more comfortable with hydraulics and am venturing out a little! I also would like to do a yellow/white Cub maybe next winter, we'll see how it goes on these other two.Any questions I'll try and answer!

If any of you guys like other breeds I can add you as friends on Facebook- Its where I have been storing my pics while puterless, I can throw-em on there right off my cell phone. I have a new album with the JD build, and some pics of previous Wh's- just send me a friend request and a message letting me know you are from this forum.

Jerry- I have a cousin-Mike Rock- He grew up in the BattleCreek area. I have lost touch with him - are you close to the party you know? If so ask him if he has relation in Portland Mi- I really would like to get in touch with him- especially if hes into GT's!!!
Bob in Mi

Robert,

Are you using 2-speed Case transaxles, or did they make a single-speed? The hydraulic drive would make for a simple setup. Where do you put your feet?

I don't know this guy well. He bought some stuff from me off ePay a couple years ago. He contacted me through them to buy some parts a couple months ago, but I think they're blocking our communication. I no longer have his e-mail and mine has changed since he had it. I think he lives near Portage, but I haven't had any luck tracking down a phone number.

Jerry

Jerry- All the Case Hydros are 2-speed. There are running boards between the front fenders and the body tunnel. They are undectable in the pics sorry.

I can see the tail end of the foot rest on the lift side. The case transaxles make the tractor a little wider that I realized. I didn't expect room that much room between the fender and tunnel. So do you have to shift the front and rear separately or do you have some sort of linkage rigged up between the two transaxle shifters? Are the hydraulic motors plumbed in series or parallel?

The Hyd motors are plumbed in a series.I have been running 8.5" wheels and have been changing the centers so the offset is at its max. That way I can gain more room for the foot boards. Usually there is just enough room to get a workboot in/on them for width and thats it.Hi-low range is shifted manually at each end.

Case/Ingersoll tractors are NOT hydrostatic propelled. They are hydraulic propelled. There is a difference. Colt was the first hydraulic propelled garden tractor line. Case had Colt manufacture the Case line of hydraulic propelled garden tractors. Wheel Horse was the first to introduce the hydrostatic line of garden tractors using a different type of Sunstrand hydrostatic unit. WH beat cub Cadet by around six months for introducing the first hydrostatic propelled garden tractors. Cub Cadet was the first to use the 15U Series.
happy.gif
219644.gif

Latest posts

Back