• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nic - I think you forgot the most important upgrade - The Cup Holder
biggrin.gif

No confusion here Harry, I'm talking about the functions for using the dozer blade. I doubt I'll use it for snow. The 123 is for over at my cabin. the blade will be used to push stuff into the burn pile, smooth out the driveway and trails.

Second Michigan winter of blowing with my QA 42 on my 1250 and I love it. Can't get it to scrap clean tho, and NOW I figure out that there is supposed to be a blade on the bottom of the housing. I've seen a picture of the part, but I can't picture it installed. Does anybody have a pic of the blade installed, so that I can fab an "equivalent"?

James, here are two photos that hopefully will help explain it.

293225.jpg

Note the red lines and the holes in the parts in the above photo. Envision that the "blade" is slid back towards and under the auger housing and the holes in the "blade" were aligned with the holes in the bottom edge of the auger housing. Once aligned, short 1/4-20 carriage bolts are inserted into the holes and lock washers and nuts are installed to hold it all together.

293226.jpg

End view.

Hopefully the bottom edge of the auger housing is not so worn away that there are no longer holes...
icon_eek.gif

James P.
Unless you have some big bending equipment, it's going to be a real job to make one of those puppies.
293246.jpg

james,

I fabbed one up years ago, but IMHO, it would be better to order one from the sponsors...
293257.jpg

Where do I find the belt sizes for the snow thrower for my tractor. I`am ready to install my snow thrower and need a belt size 5/8" x ?

Thanks Don T

What tractor and thrower Don? My Cub dealer had OEM in stock for QA42s (WF and 82 series). I swapped pulleys on mine and was able to match one up at Napa. I went with a 3.5" pulley and used Napa 5L340W, although I think a 33 might fit too. My Napa had several sizes in stock.

Brain
a qa42 on a 82 series is what I need . I see you post a 33 and well I thought that sounded correct . I will get that belt today.Thanks for confirming that size belt for me .

Back