• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a request to post some pics of my clocks.
49272.jpg

49273.jpg

49274.jpg

49275.jpg

Times running out. I'll take the round one ;) I like those better than my Rx Drug store clock.
What are those
ihrotate.gif
"candle holders" suppose to be? They almost look like pipe reducers.

Here's some stolen gifs
49279.gif
49280.gif

OOH my evil mind just kicked in ... I'll have to re-work the belly danger ;) when I get time, I'm working on the Toy frame tonight since it's 57º @ 1:20am!!

49284.jpg

49285.jpg

So after day 2 this is what i have done. I only work on it for about 30 minutes to 2 hours at a time because of school and other activities.

Oscar. Is that little mower a prototype? ive never seen anything like that. Its a cool little machine

Anthony - any progress is progress. Take your time and keep up with the parts. Any left over parts is a bad thing ;) Throw that knuckle buster adjustable wrench away! (unless it's a metric)

Rick G: I like the RED paint!

Hank: It's nice to see you posting again!

Kentuck: Those are insulator boots for the distributor end of spark plug wires used on farm tractors. When I bought my 1951 Farmall H about 6 years ago, it still had them on the wires. (You can't buy them at a Case/IH dealer anymore, but I think OEM Tractor is making reproductions of them.) I made a new set of plug wires for it when I tuned it up, and I reused the IH marked boots.
thumbsup_old.gif

Cool clocks Charlie!!

Anthony: Are you tearing it down for a complete restoration?

For Eddie and others...MTD made a 1804 which was basically a yellow/white 582 with 18hp magnum engine. All parts should be able to be purchased from Cub dealer.

Thanks, Matt and Ryan.
Charlie, is that the medication you been taking lying by those candle holders?

Ryan,
Checked the Cub Cadet electronic parts catalog and they didn't show a listing for an 1804.

Anthony--

the little mower was a concept design for an el cheepo rider to compete with others in the market at the time. It never got considered beyond the drawing.

Hank

Well, I finally got my danged tire on again, and seem to not be havin no bead sealing problems, so for now, we are all good to go now... lookin into the 128, but havent had any luck with it yet...

Hank did you get the parts I sent to you? Hope i sent it to the right address.
Mike

Glen - I wish ya luck with your tires. I put 4 new ones on my 127. Every week I'd have to air up a front tire. They'd switch sides taking turn leaking off. I found a way to fix'em, I've let them sit flat for 4 years! That'll teach'em!

Wild B - those look like cast steel parts instead of rubber boots. Actually they look like candle holders BUT if you say they're boots ...

Charlie "Timex" Proctor:...I would love to have one of those clocks. My father worked at the IH plant in Sprinfield, Ohio back in the late 40's.

You could hang one of those clocks around your neck,
and be Flavor Flav.heheheh...do you really know what time it is!

Your own reality show?

Oh man! You know how funny that would be! And maybe Charlie can be the spam spokes person! = D

Yeah, it is 1806....I got confused because I have a 1204...which is like a 482.

Hank, sure have a contest that's on a weekend while I'm away from my work PC which has all my Cub Cadet photos! I don't have any winter photos from this wimter anyway as we have not had winter yet. I do have some from last March though.

Randy, if that was a model 70 the steering wheel would only have an acorn nut and no ~3" plastic cap.

I saw a rusty 147 sitting in a front yard this morning and stopped to ask if it was for sale. The owner said "you don't want that rusty thing; take a look in the shed".

Well, the shed had two Originals, both have been repainted and looked pretty good. Both said to run but have been sitting and need fresh gas and a carb cleaning. One has fenders and wheel weights, the other has a homemade 3 point on the back. Both the original seat pans look real good. Couldn't see the front ends for the junk piled around them, but what I could see looked complete. One has a timed-belt deck, but the sheet metal has been replaced with 1/4" diamond plate! Oh yeah, the 147 has a disk that goes with it. It doesn't run...not sure what condition the engine is in.
Made a package deal and will pick up all three tomorrow. 400 bucks! Pictures to follow tomorrow.

Michael, sounds like you got a good deal! We expect lots of photos!
happy.gif

Hank, I forgot to say thanks for the concept drawings, those are very cool!

Back