• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
49240.jpg

Thanks for the help in identifying my Cub Cadet. I don't have the tractor here at home so I haven't gotten back to searching for the serial number yet. My engine ID plate is very corroded so it's pretty much illegible. I'm kind of wondering if it might actually be a Model 70 instead of a Model 100 though. I'm just guessing by looking at the muffler. Is there any other difference between the 70 & 100 besides the engine? And is there a way to determine the engine size if I can't read the tag?

Thanks again,
Randy
Seattle, WA

Well Well if it isn't the Dark Side.

Where the heck are my cookies Charlie?!?!? Schnapps and cocoa too eh?

OK dudes, I have 3....count em...1...2...3 Cub Cadet calendars to get rid of and I feel like some sort of a contest.

Letsee -- OK I need a few high resolution photos of YOU doing some WINTER work with your Cub Cadet or something else cool for my columns in Red Power Mag and Cadet Connection Mag.

The first three to email me some winner photos...please they need to be roughly 750K or larger. the larger the better...that I can use will get a calender sent out in the mail tomorrow or monday with absolutely no obligation. I am printing mailing labels in 20 minutes for a mail run in the AM so tonight would be more convenient for me.

These calendars come with no strings...and I tore most of the olive leaves off them, but there are a few left...pesky critters.

Hank Will.

Well daggone it, I just got some email....are my ears ever burning.

Let's just say I am collecting up all those olive leaves and looking for the super glue...

Well letsee if I can figure out this picture posting thing -- here is something kind of interesting -- what the hey??

Did my picture posting permit expire here?

hmmm let me see

hmmm.... oK for the third and final time...let's make the the fourth and final time...criminy it's five and goal!

49252.jpg

here's another one -- i don't remember if I posted this one before...if I did just cut me off....criminy looks like I'm going for three tries again...

49258.jpg

Here is a cool one too I think....dudes I got it resized correctly the first time, but hey I am a PowerMac guy so my whole world is a little different.

49261.jpg

Ok here is another one of a pedestal/throttle that might have been.

<<<Error

One or more of the images or attachments you uploaded exceeded the maximum allowable upload size (which is 100 kilobytes). These images or attachments have been removed from your post. If you would like to include images or attachments, upload new files after you make sure that the size is not greater than 100 kilobytes.>>>>

ARGHGHG My comuter says it's 95K...must be a Mac thing eh?

49265.jpg

Well it looks like it's just you and I here tonight, so if you have the time, just keep firing off those mac pics!
beerchug.gif

OK, I figure I took up enough bandwidth for a while -- you purists should close your eyes on this one since it is a pretty light looking garden tractor...cute as a button though. don't you just want one?

Alright, the calendar deal expires Sunday evening. Don't be shy, and don't leave me high and dry...please.

Criminy my spelling is horrendous tonight.

49268.jpg

Randy J,
Things can get mixed up after 40+ years, but a 10 Hp in a 70 or 100 will be large enough to not show much gas tank from the side with hood down, and the gas tank would be "square". A 7 hp would show about 1/3rd of the gas tank and the tank would be oval. A small muffler is just a small muffler. There are other differences, one is the way the steering wheel is connected.
2cents

Charlie -- kind of reminds me of a nice Reggae tune...there's a poster on the rampage...don't shed no tear...

Going to go trudge across the tundra and do a little more work.

Take it easy all.

Hank

Knobbies , let's go off road!

It's 67 here today (all time record high for Jan.5) and he wants winter pics? GEEZZZZZ

I don't dare ask Charlie what kind of cookies he has...

Rev, Hydro -- bring them little green bottles too ;)

Back