• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week there was some discussion about Hydro vs Gear. I was looking through some documentation on the Hydro and found this graph. Looks like the 15U Hydro is 80% efficient. This would mean that a 12 hp motor would loose 2.4 HP through the Hydro. I would assume that a gear transmission is around 95% efficient. A 12 HP motor would loose .6 HP.
49294.jpg

Thanks Kentuck, if those tires dont learn now, you will have to threaten to replace them, then they will work for ever...
Oh yeah, my cub leaks gas, and ate a hole in my driveway... now I ve gotta patch it with that nasty bagged asphalt, wunder if the little MTD will flatten it down... pics later.

Matt, thanks again. Your a great resource.
Ryan, good to see I'm not the only one that gets confused.
Kraig, that 125 snow throwing scene should win a calender. I've used one of your pics before as a background on my PC. Hope that's OK.

Geeze Mike, I got those parts totally. I thought I had emailed you. and thanks for the other too. The shiny stuff is sitting right here next to my desk. Very sorry for not getting back to you.

Kraig -- for you, I'll extend the deadline..that's the least one picture guy can do for another.

OK I just came into my office to find my latest Cabela's master catalogue -- I feel another Christmas coming on. I'm dreaming of a Real-Tree Christmas...oh...I mean I'm looking for some Cub Cadet carburetor kits at Cabelas...just to keep it on topic.

Hank, Does putting a bag of ice on the driveway and pushing with my 782 work as a snow picture? No snow here in Illinois, 40's and 50's this past week.
Steve B. put up a pic of the IH clock you have. Only 3 were made and you know who has them.

Hank: Here is my snow picture for this year
lol.gif

49297.jpg

Yes, that picture was taken on December 30th..in a short sleeved shirt!

So far this year we have had just enough snow to barely change the color of my blue company van, to 'light blue'......ONCE
censored.gif

Has anyone ever tried to reverse the tilling action of the rear mounted tiller? Been thinking about trying it but wasn't sure that it would work. Thought that might help in making raised beds in the garden. The tiller I have fits on my 1650. If someone has a better idea to making raised beds I would like to hear about them.
Thanks
Seth

Seth,
Yes you can back till,BUT.
You have to have the ground really chewed up nice and soft before you attempt it.
AND,
If you don't have this little catch to hold the rear flap up,
49299.jpg

Use something to keep it up like this,
49300.jpg

Also, make sure that no one or anything is around when you do it and things/dirt/rocks will fly! BTDT
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the picts and warning of the flying rocks. Hate to accidently KO any of my helpers (children or wife). Also got thinking that I think I used the wrong name. Instead of raised bed believe hilled up bed is a better description.

Seth

Back