• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjackson

displayname
Chuck Jackson
Charlie,

I don't believe the buttons are stuck down. When I had the center cover off I remember pushing them.

Chuck

Charlie- You can bring your new toy over to my place this spring and we can put it to work doing some yardwork.

John U. my cousin works for Power Great Lakes in wooddale IL. They were Perkins, but Cat bought them out a couple of years ago and they are busier than ever. He said they get $4000 more for a Cat than a Perkins. Same engine just painted yellow. They build for everything, chippers, gen- sets, forklifts, ect. He said the Cat purchase gave them a big boost.

Chuck,
Yea but did they pop back up when you fired the tractor up?

All,
Lets move all this MTD crap over to the MTD section, we don't wanna pizz off one of the B's ya know.
biggrin.gif

The engine (KT17S) in my 782 needs overhauling. Pistons (.20 over)valves, and etc I need to buy. I am shocked as to what these parts cost. One piston @ $115.80. Anyone know a source were you can get a decent discount and not get hosed on the shipping cost. Any info will be appreciated.

Jim M. -

A complete KT17S costs around $2K and you're surprised that a piston is over $100?

Perhaps one of our sponsors that deals with Stens can find you a cheap Pacific Rim produced knockoff...

Bryan: I don't profess to have the knowledge that some of you seasoned cub cadet owners have. I made the post hoping that I could get some useful information. I am not sure what I got from you.

Jim M. -

Sponsors. Like we say up above - the colorful boxes with links.

Not sure how much more specific I can get without calling them FOR you.

You will find that some deal with Stens, which if you plug into good old Google will tell you that they're a small engine parts supplier.

Pacific Rim knockoff - do I really have to explain that? China?? Not OEM???

So what you got from me is enough information for you to do what you need without being spoonfed. Doesn't take much knowledge to search things out and read.

<font size="-2">dammit, WTH's Charlie when ya need him?</font>

I have a cub cadet 109 which needs a few things. I need to replace the hydrostatic drive fluid and saw in the faqs that Hy Trans is what I should use. Where is that commonly found? I also need the gasket and filter. I saw where a replacement filter Fleetguard HF 6096 will work, again where would I find these (gasket and filter). I live in Phoenix, AZ. What oil engine oil filter is available. Thanks for the help. I am new to forums and finxing cubs, I inherited it from my dad.

Richard C. -

Looks like you've got a new friend ;)

Fred F. -

Here again, look at the ads above - Hy Tran is available from many of them, Cub Cadet filters are available from them, and there are no engine oil filters used on that tractor...

Jim M., Fred F., welcome!

Jim M., like Bryan wrote, the links at the top of the page will send you to forum sponsors some of which sell after market small engine parts Stens being one of those aftermarket manufacturers.

Fred F., Hy-Tran is made by CaseIH and is available at Cub Cadet and CaseIH dealers. Be sure to get the "old style" Hy-Tran not the new stuff for the newer model Cub Cadets. We have one forum member (Richard C.) that lives near you (Not sure how far from Phoenix he is.) perhaps he can direct you to a local or near local supplier for both the Hy-Tran and the filter. Or the forum sponsors can also ship you what you need.

Richard, any chance you can help out Fred? TIA.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 05, 2006)

Kraig-

Can you really get the "old stuff" from a CC dealer? The 1450 and 125 need a fluid change, but I don't want to buy 14 quarts of new stuff at $4.08 a quart. And doesn't it hurt something in the older cubs? If so, what? The 1450 seems to have the new stuff in it.

If I can actually get the new stuff from a CC dealer that'd be great 'cause the CC dealership is only 6 miles away but the nearest CaseIH is in Rochelle....

Actually the CC dealership is also a New Holland dealership, so they should have it, but I've never seen it.

Matt, good question, it's been a while since I've bought any Hy-tran and the #2 125 is due for a change, over-due actually :eek:( BTW, I believe the new stuff is called "Hy-Tran Ultra" or something like that. Perhaps Ken U. will update us on availability and what the deal is on using the new stuff in an older Cub Cadet.

Oh Ken....... care to educate us some??????

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 05, 2006)

Case Construction Equipment dealers also carry Hy-Tran...FWIW

Maybe it's me, but it seems crazy that a KT17S costs over $2,000, but you can get a rebuilt Chevy 350 for around $1,000 with exchange, from almost any auto parts dealer....Running 350's from a junk yard are right around $350....at least in my area.

I would post pictures of my 'new' weight bracket I welded up for my 1450...but I use Microsoft Digital Image Pro, and 'I' can't figure out how to get pics to below the 50kb limit, and not have them grainy as he11

A while back hydro filters were discussed in detail. Did the list of filters get posted somewhere? If not, how about added to FAQ 26?

Bill Cook,
There were about ( I'll use a first grader's perspective here since I spend half of the day with them) a bizillion small block 350's made. I'm going to guess that there's been somewhat fewer KT17's made. So there's fewer used ones to grab and rebuild. Aslo keep in mind that smallblock chevy's are very popular among people who like to spend their weekends blowing up engines ( some people call it racing). This creates a far larger demand for replacement parts than the every 15 or 20 year rebuild for a tractor engine. Bigger demand items get priced lower because the tooling and setup costs get paid for sooner and the profit margin will actually increase over time for high demand items.

As far as pictures go I tend to take them as low res as I can get away with in the first place. The only time I take a picture above 640x480 is if I know that I will want to make prints larger than 4x6. Then I dont have to resize to post and they still look just fine if I need to zoom in a little to see a detail.

(Message edited by kmoe on January 05, 2006)

Latest posts

Back