• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan, thanks for searching that out for us. I like the suggestion of putting that in the FAQ along with the hydro filter info. FWIW, I never seem to have much luck with the search I always end up with way to many results to dig through to find the one I'm looking for. I think I'll stick to searching for pictures. :eek:)

CCC NEWS BREAK......Cub Cadet announced today that "Beginning with the 2006 model year HOME DEPOT will be offering customers certain, limited models of the CUB CADET Series 1000, RZT and home Maintenance Products"....

With CCC departure from the Lowe's chain (Brand X replaced them) this is a good marketing move by CCC to keep the CUB CADET name in front of the consumer.

Good thing this forum has an archive/search feature on this oil thing..........

(Message edited by kupdike on January 06, 2006)

Kraig -

One of the big problems with searching is knowing what to search for. For example, if you want to search for "hydraulic," you also have to remember to search for "hydrolic" and "hydralic"
wink.gif

Unfortunately we can't afford to have a Google box sitting in front of this webserver to do all those fuzzy searches...

At any rate, it won't get added to the FAQ 'til I get back on the 16th. So any pre-formatting you can do for me would be greatly appreciated - hint, hint
lol.gif

Bryan, my issue is finding too many hits on the search and then not having the time it would take to weed through the hits to find the one I want, even knowing the approximate date of the post. Must be the topics I've searched for in the past. Did you need me to do anything to the page where Ken posted his "Hytran History 101" and "oil facts 101" or should I just paste it into Word? I'll get the filter info editted.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 06, 2006)

Kraig -

Guess I lucked out last night - I did an ANDed search for "hytran" and "ultra" and got only a handful of hits...

We have the same issue with Chicago's building department - they search our document retrieval system for something like "WESTERN AVE" and wonder why they get thousands of hits. Doesn't help that Western is the LONGEST street in the city. If they'd just try and keep it to a range of addresses...

Anyway, no formatting required. In fact, plain text works best, any pictures should be attachments. Obvious placeholders in the text would be nice. Thanks!!

FYI...

Charlie is out of town until Sunday Night. He has some personal business for his wife's family side, that has to be done.

(Message edited by rbedell on January 06, 2006)

This just in from Marlin Homrighausen:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Okay. Now this is what the Sauer Sunstrand Service Manual BLN-9646. Rev E August 1992 says about what is recommended for the 15U Series pumps. SECTION 3 Fluid Recommendations. Page 10

CHARACTERISTICS should include: Viscosity. Oxidation, Shear Stability, Thermal Stability, Low Temperature Fluidity, Anti-Foam, Water Compatibility, Rust Inhibition, Anti-Wear Properties, Filtration Limitations.

Following Types used Successfully in the hydrostatic transmission in order from the book.

(1) Anti-wear hydraulic oil
(2) automatic transmission fluid - Type "F"
(3)hydraulic transmission fluid (type used by the Agricultural industry for combined transmission, hydraulic and wet brake systems)
(4) For a required fire resistant fluid... Pydraul 312 is satisfactory.

It further states that most of the above mentioned fluid types have acceptable viscosity charastics in the 0 degree to 200 degree F operating range. Selected fluids should provide a minimun viscosity of 47 SUS @ 210 degrees F and 6000 SUS maximum measured viscosity at the lowest expected startup temperature.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

33307.jpg

THANK YOU Kraig.
happy.gif
Angel had to clean the mouse and do some stuff to the computer and I couldn't get the file to download here.

The other day it was mentioned about setting a date for Spring Plow Day. I know that this should be posted in the Plow Day section and I will only post it here just this once. I've been in contact with both Iowa Public TV and RFD TV about filming Spring Plow Day if it is held in Iowa this year. From the replies from both of them there seems to be an interest in consideration of a Professionally filming of the event. Neither IPTV or RFD TV does their own filming. The reason that I am putting this out for review and feedback from everyone is the time frame factor is such that a film crew can be obtained. Consideration for their scheduling things such as travel and motel accomendations is also a must. I have asked a couple of members and a coworker for their input and help. I am now asking for ALL input. If I am being out of order then please accept my apologies. There are some factors to also consider. There would have to be the crowd turnout, i.e. small turnout they won't be interested. With this being our beloved Cub Cadet's 45th anniversary, plus the invitation of ALL brands (like last year) this could turnout to be a fantastic event. Okay, now that I have put this out for all I would appreciate ANY and ALL feedback. Thank You.

Marlin, that would let me off the hook and free my time up to spend it taking photos and shooting the breeze. On the other hand I would't get the first look at the video and have all that uneditted video.........

Roland -

I know exactly where Charlie is
wink.gif

Kraig. I certainly wouldn't want to take away from your works. This is an entirely new field for me. I was told to contact the university telecommunications department. Such things as lining up sponsors, etc. Who knows maybe some of your filming would be used by whoever would do the filming. If ANYONE knows of a professional filming company that would be interested in filming Plow Day then I will forward my correspondence to them.

Bryan and Bob. At this point maybe one of you gentlemen or someone can help set up a link on the Plow Day page to further this. My computer skills are oh-so limited. Thank You.

Marlin, it's not like I have a copyright on taking Plow Day videos.
happy.gif
I attended the first Plow Day and brought a video camera, it kinda fell on my lap after that. I have not made it to all of the Plow Days but have brought a video camera to all that I have attended. I didn't bring a video camera to the first WFM Spring Break but that wasn't a real Plow Day. Nothings stopping me from bringing a video camera to the next Plow Day except my own ambition. And ya see I got this new digital camera and a video camera would take time away from me playing with it.
happy.gif

Help!!!! A couple of weeks ago I saw some Pics of snow blades that were modified using some kind of hard plastic to protect the driveways etc. I can't locate the pics can anyone point them to me....
thanks

Lonnie,
Castor oil. Prior to mineral oil being cheap that was the lubricant of choice. High flash point and very slippery. Of course that was when total loss lubrication was the best thing going.

(Message edited by kmoe on January 06, 2006)

Thanks for the good comments on my 782. It was a lot of work. I painted the thrower red because I thought it looked better and that it might not show rust as well. I also painted the whole thrower with POR-15, so we'll see how it holds up after this winter. I haven't had to throw much snow with it this winter yet. It's been mostly raining.

Sorry Dave, I don't have a pic of the drive cup installed but maybe this summer when I have time and do some maintenance, I'll take the picture.

Kyle Moe: No need to attempt to 'talk down' to me using your first grader perspective. I've been around engines for a quite a while now....and the best kind of engine is...you guessed it, a RACING engine......

Keep in mind, a lot of what has been learned at a race track, has went into the vehicles everyone drives today. If you need further instruction, I suggest you visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame and Museum......it costs only $3 to get in.

My dad was a machinist at an aluminum foundry for 35 years, and I have seen him machine anything from a turbo charger impeller, to table legs for the White Castle Hamburger chain...trust me, there ain't no way in hell that a piston for a Kohler should cost $115.80!! Heck, they 'wasted' more aluminum pouring the table leg mold than what it would take to pour a mold for a piston!

I saw a dealers price list about 2 years ago, and the dealer cost on a piston for a K321 was right at $20.00...suggested retail price, was $100.xx......so tell me again about "Bigger demand items get priced lower because the tooling and setup costs get paid for sooner and the profit margin will actually increase over time for high demand items."......
dizzy.gif
Evidently Kohler is making a profit while selling them to a dealer for $20....don't ya' think?

Judging by the kits to repower a 682 and 782 offered by Small Engine Warehouse, there must be a demand for the KT17's, but a lot of people opt for a $1200-$1500 retro-fit instead of a $2190 direct replacement.....maybe Kohler stuff is a little 'overpriced'. Just a thought.

Not saying a Kohler isn't a good/decent engine, but they are kinda pricey!

(Message edited by Bcook on January 06, 2006)

Bryan, I had Irfanview on 'my' computer, and that was simple to use....but, the capacitors blew up, and took out the mother board, so that one was junked!

I now use my wife's computer. I am yet to figure out the program she has. I'm still trying to 'persuade' her into letting me download Irfanview on her machine
thumbsup.gif

Paul Chenier. How about trying a section of belt from the big round hay balers? An implement dealer should have some used belt strips on hand, Just cut to fit. The material is thick rubber. I've heard that works well on driveways and sidewalks.

Wild Bill,
Sorry, I wasn't trying to talk down to you, I was just genuinely unable to get my brain to think beyond a bazillion. When you work all day with elementary school kids it can be hard to leap into adult terms ( usually takes me half the weekend).

Back