• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, seems as though we are shopping for the same equipment in the same places. You must be looking at the snow blades for sale in western Maryland? Saw them on Craigslist? I was just there visiting my sister but could not bring it back because we were in the "mommy mobile" at the time. If I had my truck I surely would have taken it. I've also been told that the blade from a 682 will fit my 129 WF. I've also seen you are in the market for a QA42A. Same here! I am in western Mass, and you are in southern RI. A little competition here! I btw, I don't think we are related?? Later.

Roger, I do believe I have seen photos of a setup similar to what you are describing. Sounds like it should work OK. I'll be interested in hearing how the studded tires work out. Are you planning on using any wheel weights?

Kraig

As to weights, I'm just going to play that by ear. See how it works. Add as required. My neighbor has one of those green machines next door, and while he is thinking af adding weight, he is gettin by without it. And I know the Cadet is much heavier to start with.

If the studs don't work decent I will then go to chains. I can get them studded cheaply, and felt might just be the ticket.

The cub in the pic isn't mine, mine has the wide rears on it. So I'm trying trailer wheels with 13" snows.

Not to start the Great Chain Debate again, but has anyone ever played with tire pressure during the winter to see if there is any difference? I usually run the recommended pressure (12 PSI), but bumped 'em up to about 18 this winter. I swear the chains are way more effective - but riding on hard dry ground is a little interesting ( kinda like jogging on a horse ).. Anybody else ever tried?

My neighbor runs his tires almost zero air pressure. You can collapse them with his foot. He thinks run them as low as possible for traction and ride with chains.

LOL. Kinda like---which beer do YOU prefer. Everyone has thier own ideas of what is perfect.

I'm thinking the studs should work well, but if not should work great with chains.

Kendell-

I'm up to about 15 psi in the 1512's rears, because any less than that, and the chains are too loose. Traction seems unaffected. I'd rather have the chains stay on and not get loose and catch the fenders than have a smooth ride. It's a tractor, not a Cadillac....
happy.gif

Roger - Look at Glen's profile pic , he's got a "front" mount blade.

Pops - That Hawg pic is of da Rev ... the forums Originator
baldguy.gif

I need to tighten up the steering on my 106. I've seen mention of Hiem (Heim?) replacement joints. Does anyone have handy the McMaster-Carr numbers for replacement joints on my Cub? Oh yes, the bellcrank on the left spindle needs tightening too. I saw a suggestion somewhere to cut a couple of slits in it and put a high-grade bolt in place of the rolled pin? Anyone done this fix and did it get rid of the slop?

6072K33 Page 1133
"Self-Lube Bronze Race Ball Joint Rod End 3/8"-24 Rh Thread Female Shank with Rh Thread Stud (Same as 6072K74)" Don't use a plain Heim end and bolt - you'll have binding problems on the ball... Also note the joints are all RH internal thread..

Do a search of the archives on the spindle issue.. Lots of good opinions..
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back