• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all on the loader ideas, but I'd still enjoy a few neat pics of em in action or showin off, jes for my archives.
beer2.gif

We've got a good 3 years worth of loader (and other pics) in the archives - not much sense in reposting them all just to take up MORE disk space on the server.

Time to learn how to use the site's SEARCH function
wink.gif

Picture resizing with Windows XP.
Another resizing option for Windows xp is the Windows XP Image Resizing Powertoy. Click this link to install.

Windows XP Image Resizing Powertoy

Once installed you just right click on the image to pull up the shortcut menu. Then click Resize pictures.
49105.jpg

Now just select the size. Most of the time 800x600 is small enough. Its a good idea to keep the originals. I usually delete the resized copies after posting.
49106.jpg

Hell now Charlie's not even checking his email ...

Well Digger your name does show up as Charlie "Digger" Pro. Sounds like Squeaky was emailing you, I use to get stuff like that. If I could remember stuff CORRECTLY I'd jump in more often with info but I can't remember crap anymore so I just raz ppl, that I've not forgot how to do ;)

Why go through ALL that crap with microsoft to resize pics - Get Paint Shop Pro and do it faster , less steps and you can even make it full screen and save it below the post limit or any small size you want... and you can make gif animations too !

Kentuck,

You mean like that little wiskered feller with the wobbly cane??
Heck, I'll for get where I posted this by tomorrow!

Don't feel bad Charlie, Everybody has one!
destroy.gif

James - yup like that but I didn't do that one ... besides I've got 1 year and 1 night before I hit 50 ... not old yet like Digger but I'm gettin in practice !

Trevor Farren Tues Jan 02, 12:16pm etc. Yeh, it is probably me you spotted. My 102 came to me with a Honda G200 5hp side valve cleverly but not real well installed. The CC clutch drive plate was poorly mounted to the flywheel drive shaft, the only means of starting was 'push' (down my driveway) & clutch start. The carby was real sick after ? years of sitting under a Gum tree. So i went hunting & came up with a good (maybe a matter of opinion whether any Honda is good, but I like them down here) Honda GX340 11hp. Overhead valves, slanted cylinder, maybe what you have. I posted a few weeks ago that I had the GX340 installed & working. It goes great. Just now I am a bit surrounded by grandkids, but in the next few days I will put together details & some pics.
Best regards to all for New Year, & hey KENtuck, you are still a spring chicken!
& p.s. condolences on passing of President Gerald Ford.

Digger, (Tues. Jan 02, 0509pm) don't be hard on yerself, where would any of us be without you & Brian, & others like ya. Just keep pointing us along. (I hope my emails are not ones that have caused pain) Have a great 2007.

Graeme - you out to see this Kentucky Moonshine! It's bright enough to take pics without a flash.
I thought it was your cub that I seen with that little red Honda setup. I guess good Kohlers are hard to find there. At least the cub wasn't cut up for scrap! BTW feel free to flood my email with pics of that upside down country anytime ya want to 'cause that's the one place in the world I'd love to visit. As for Charlie - well let's just say we've learned to overlook his ramblings. ;)

Matt, excellent photo resizing write up! That's one of many ways to do a resize. (Perhaps Charlie will put that in a FAQ somewhere, not that anyone will look but we could always point them there.
happy.gif
) I usually use VuePrint Pro to do my resizes, I also use MS Paint and a program called LivePix. I hope to be getting Paint Shop Pro soon to give that a try. Both Matt and Terry made a good point about renaming the resized image with a different file name, it's ALWAYS a good idea to keep your original high resolution photo. I usually just add _a or _1 to the end of the file name for instance if I have a file named DSC01031.JPG when I resize it I will call it DSC01031_a.JPG or DSC01031_1.JPG or I will give it a more descriptive name like Terrys_147_01.jpg.

Graeme, I'll second KENtucky's request for photos from down under.
happy.gif

Charlie, if it'll make you feel better, you're free to harass me any time you wish.

KRAIG - I've been away from computers for a couple weeks.... But CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Nice CARNAGE on the K301 Piston!
eek.gif
At least You can salvage the rod!

Denny, I suppose the rod could be salvaged but Dave will be installing a different rod, I believe it's the Alcoa forged rod for a K361. I decided to turn Dave loose and go for the full out Killer Kohler™.
happy.gif

KRAIG - I got the e-mail from Dave MONDAY 1-1 that My components that were supposed to take three weeks from 12-22 are ready for pickup. My project is a K321, about half way between stock and what Wyatt is building for his Wheatland tractor. I had TWO FULL WEEKS off and spent Countless hours in the shop and didn't get a DARNED thing done to the engine! I don't need the tractor till spring so I still have plenty of time....

Dennis,
None of that is worth saving. With that kind of dmamge, I would just start all over again. I think that is what Dave is going to do.

Hello all, this is my first post to the forum and I must first say thanks for such an excellent resource for Cub Cadet info. My son got a Cub Cadet for Christmas this year. It runs great and only needs a muffler. I have been through the FAQ on finding a serial number and have had no luck finding a number on our Cadet. By looking at Jonathon Luckey's site I think I have narrowed it down to a model 100. I've attached a few pics and would appreciate any info. you could send my way on this machine. I would like to start ordering some parts for it such as the muffler, belts etc. so the more info. the better. I'm looking forward to being part of this forum.

Thanks,
Randy
Seattle, Washington

49126.jpg

49127.jpg

49128.jpg

49129.jpg

49130.jpg

Randy, welcome to the forum! Nice looking 100 you have there. And yes you got the ID correct that is a 100. There should be a SN there somewhere, perhaps it was repainted at one point and the numbers are filled in with paint.

Randy, that is a nice looking 100, those newer model wide wheels/tires do help.

Latest posts

Back