• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Speakin of good straps!!!! LOL
14799.jpg

Charlie - is that what you would call a "Redneck Pickup"???? LOL

Charlie ... his ex-wife must have gotten his pick-up...she's not gettin the cub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad had a pickup like that, '67 caddy deville. But he never would let me have a 4-wheeler.

Lonny,
if you have a ported hydro, it'll give you 2 Gallons Per Minute at 700 PSI, good for a loader if you plan on using 1.5" bore cylinders. anything with larger bore will just be too slow.

a vocational school near here built one of my loaders using a JD with 3.3 GPM on-board and 2" bore cylinders. they said it was kind of slow but they could live with it. 1.5" bore would have been faster.

here is an online calculator for figuring out how fast a cylinder will move at a certain GPM and cyl bore.

hydraulic calculators

~ Nate

They are Fire Fighter plates. You pay extra for the plate. They say that the extra money goes to the fire fighters widow fund or something to that affect. I guess that it goes to the Secratery of States pocket.....

Tedd -

I think they're actually like having an FOP sticker on your car - folks get 'em and then drive like they've got a "get out of jail free" card...

Kraig-
I thought that was odd too, maybe he's a Chevy fan. When I drove back up with the car on the trailer everyone was gathered around the weigh-in window, so if they weren't impressed they were at least curious.

Charlie-
I think Travis will speak up, but I think he's actually done that before. I thought it was him that said something about a 4 wheeler strapped into the trunk.

Wyatt we actually have a guy in Waukon who does strap his yardman tom the trunk of his caddy { of course it is a push mower } The first time I met him on the way to Lansing I about wreaked my truck

Nate>
I do not have a ported hydro in my 123, all I have is the hydro pump mounted on the side for raiseing the deck, snow blade and sleeve hitch.
I am woundering if this pump can work for as the pump for a loader.

Bryan, actually the FF plates are about the only recognition us volunteers get for donating our time to the community. Last night I chose to give up my nice warm bed to go put out a car fire (after spending the entire day wiring our meeting room in the fire station). I guess I don't understand the "get out of jail free" statement. Maybe it's a big city thing.

Wyatt, it was a 482 in the trunk of a Honda Accord. Trunk never did shut quite right afterwards ;-)

Robb- Great news on the plow day...any word on the parts I asked you about?

Tedd- Got you beat, ~525, and we will see if David Cyrus will make the trip or not.

Wyatt- '03 Ford SuperDuty 4x4 PSD CrewCab ShortBed, about 7500#. . add about 300# for the dually longbed 4x4 version.

In Illinois anyone can get FF plates. My brother-in-law has them on his explorer pick up thingy. He does not work in anyway for the fire department. He got them so they can drive on Lake Shore Drive. LSD does not allow "B" (truck) plates.

It kind of pisses me off that anyone can get them. Takes from the real Firemen.......

I think Bryan means "where is the fire?" style driving...and that somebody could say, "heading to a fire". . but they would need a blue light, right?
happy.gif

Never heard it about FFs, but have heard it about the FOP plates & stickers. . .

Sneak peek at the Spring Break April 24, 2004 ground at Nick Q's place. He even has some big help if anyone gets stuck!
14803.jpg

There's about 3/4" clearance from the tire to the fender. This particular tractor has the fenders washered-up a bit so that the double weights in side clear the fender braces. When I fit them up on the 1250, there was about 1/2" clearance at the closest point.

Latest posts

Back