• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
That's cute Marty! LOL
324555.jpg

Just got to work here in iowa city
I work at the waste water plant
We’r at the lowest point in the county
It’s 31 below here

Mick— I’m a wastewater operator here in Arkansas, and it got down to 18 degrees! (A heat wave compared to ya’ll in the Midwest!!). Even at 18 degrees, we had to really monitor the equipment use extra heaters to keep equipment from freezing!

Wow its a heat wave here in NY at -5.
I have a cub question I was plowing on Wed morning and my 102 just died. Stalled out with no spark. I just did a new solenoid but it seems I have no power to the coil. I changed the switch thinking it may have gone bad but still nothing at the coil. Someone borrowed my tester so I cant check the wire from the switch to the coil for continuity. Will it hurt anything if I jump a wire strait from the battery to the coil just to see if it will start? Anyone had this problem?

It is almost 11:00 AM, and it is only 20 degrees here in balmy NC. Charlie is sending us all some of that chilly air!
err.gif

Matt,

If you have an extra headlight, you could make a temporary voltage tester.
thumbsup.gif

Pick up an inexpensive multi-meter somewhere like Harbor Freight, and use it to loan out instead of yours. JMHO

Wow. This place has turned into the Weather Channel.
biggrin.gif

So I go out and run the snow thrower the other day and clipped the corner of the sidewalk going over it. BANG! The left front pin, that latches into quick couple, sheared off. Grrrr. Now I've got to dismount that heavy pig and grind it out. What would you guys use for pin material? Might have to be a bolt and a jab nut for the season, I don't know. This is a drag!
a_weep.gif

Brian, can't you just bolt it on for the remainder of the winter? I've always used both the QA pins AND bolts. After I have it mounted up with the QA pins I add the bolts. Takes a few extra minutes but I find that it helps hold the belt in line better and helps maintain a consistent belt tension.
dunno.gif
Which model Cub and which model snow thrower?

Brian B.
I did this to my QA36A.
Take it off, grind off the other pin, drill or torch holes in the mount and replace them with a solid rod. Drill a hole in each end with a washer/cotter pin and be done with it forever.
beerchug.gif

Kraig,

QA 42 on wifes 782. Never looked to see if there were any other holes that line up. I'll take a look at the pictures and see. Never had any belt tension issues for some reason. Usually some thing else breaks long before the belt ever slips.
biggrin.gif

Charlie,

Thanks for the idea. Threw a ratchet strap on that side to keep the blower back on the left side. Got the sidewalks done even if it looked a little goofy.

Kraig,

On a QA-42A there are no bolt holes that line up with the frame...it's gotta hang on the QA hooks. (upper links get in the way).

OTF??!!

Super bowl Sunday from a Marine Corps Colonel in Afghanistan:

"So with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event: save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts.

Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten - straight up, no styling.
"Sing it with the constant awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world. Don't make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification.

Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 96-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love - not because you want them to think you are a superstar musician. They could see that from your costume, makeup and your entourage.

Sing 'The Star Spangled Banner' with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about America, not you.
And please not everything needs to be spunked up! We’re getting a little weary of that. Francis Scott Key does not need any help."

Semper Fi!

I know it's OTF, and I have one that's puzzling me here. If have a newer CCC 1050 garden tractor (82 series tinwork/10hp kohler Mag/gear drive) and I'm installing a creeper off a 1200 that had fatal injuries. Everything bolted up fine, but shifting to the low side, the lever is hitting the tunnel cover-it actually needs at least another inch of travel to engage. I'm kind of stumped, as I haven't used anything with a creeper prior. My questions a) is the detent lever supposed to be at the same linear angle as the shift lever? (Mine is not) b) is it possible the collar and/or shift yoke could be backwards? c) Is it possible to bend the creeper shift lever? The 1200 donor was cobbled up pretty bad, but has a lot of good parts on it. Thanks for the help.

My OTF post on the shoulder,I went to my orthopedic doctor yesterday she’s sending me for an MRI next week to see if there’s a tear in my rotator cuff also with my dislocation and broken shoulder blade.If that’s the case then no cub wrenching for a good long time,BUMMER

I haven't been on the site in ages. Don't have any snow to move around but do have some leaves I'm moving to the back pasture for mulching.
324562.jpg

Back