• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello all, I;m tearing down my 124 and i'm to the point of pulling the fly wheel off. I don't have te puller they are using in the manual. so fare i've tried tapping the crank shaft end with a lead face hammer. Then I tried putting a few 5/16-18 screw in the provided holes, I then tried pulling on te wheel with 2 jaw puller by hooking on to te edge of the bolt head. I got no where. I also put a little bit of heat to it but still didn't get anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas to get around having to build or buy the wheel puller the manual uses?

I had loads of fun today with the Original. We have been having alot of snow here in Washington State, enough that I figured I might as well put the blade on. So I got it on and started to remove some snow from the driveway and in front of the mail box. Man, those IH blades really let the snow roll off the blade. I just have the AGs on, without chains and weights, and it don't get stuck very easily. I need to get a set of AGs for the 123.

Jeff-
Glad to hear you got some snow. Pushing snow is about the most fun you can have!

Keith-
Glad to see you got those tires mounted up correctly, this group can be kind of touchy about that kind of stuff. I gotta ask though... You're NOT going to leave that steering wheel cover on for the next plow day I hope?

Hugh-
Get a new joke, your old one's worn out!
uhoh.gif

Wyatt, come on over. I shut my phones off cuz I keep running over my minutes ;-)

Art:
If the steering wheel cover annoys you, of course! it'll be on there. A guy can never have enough stuff with flame jobs. The kids actually bought that for me long ago for my truck. I just couldn't bear to look at it everyday so I tossed it in a box and forgot about it. Voila', its got a new home!

And when I was mounting the tires I thought to myself, "Now...., how would Art go about doing this?" Then I did it the other way and it turned out OK. You can slug me in MN in April for that one. :eek:)

Hey guys,
I came across an old news letter from the Fort Wayne plant last night. It is dated Jan. 12, 1961.
It talks about IH introduceing the Cub Cadet. It also has a couple of pics. It talks about the introduction of the Scout and other company stuff. I need to get to work so I can scan it for you guys. Just wanted to let you guys know. I think it's kinda cool. Does anyone else have one of these?

(Message edited by kshultz on January 03, 2004)

Charlie- I think that Nick Q wins the prize for the shortest drive to the Spring Tillage Day!!

Keith E.
Leave that wheel cover on there buddy! Just don't forget yer curb feelers and fuzzy dice though, That would send Art right over the edge!!!!!!

Hey Paul,
Nice clean job on the cab. Definately no blind spots. Looks like THE POPE-CUBBILE! Now you need to bullet proof it.
Marcus

Hey Charlie, finally got a chance to crank up the 1450(with your donated hydraulic lines-thank you!) with the new Napa Moog?(can't remember what I had for breakfast) iso mounts. Going to the dentist Monday and get all my fillings in my teeth replaced as the 1450 shook 'em all out! Geez, the only thing I can think of is that Dad torqued 'em down to the Cub specs. My 1250 doesn't do that nearly as bad and it has the MTD iso mounts. I've got a 149 with a bad motor, will the 14 horse in the 1450 slide into the 149?

just can't seem to figure out how to resize the photo sorry about that

Got more snow today. I bet right around 4". Here is a pic of the mountain north of our house.
14837.jpg

Best part, is that I got the snow all removed from our driveway, gave the kids a ride on the road pulling a sled, and had a snowball fight with our neighbors. Then had some more fun plowing with the Original. Originals are way too cool!

Here is my driveway that was cleared out by a Cub. Note that there were no chains and weights on it. Just AGs. I have to say that I am impressed with the AGs. I really have to get a set for the 123.
14839.jpg

Shirtman
Evidently you didn't remember my Dec 14 post or you wouldn't have been surprised when you shook your teeth out when you replaced your Cub ISO mount rubbers with those MOOG automotive sway bar rubbers.

Back