• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys , I did check the play in the cam from the back with a gauge. I really thought there was something else that I was missing in the install manual i`am using . My 149 is bored 0.030 and works great and has good power with no strange noises.I will use the same break in procedure I used on the 149 to break in this 125 engine.I found my missing points bracket yesterday when I was cleaning up the shop and will put new points on it and new pin. After the flywheel is installed I will set the timing and finish putting the 12 K together. Once this is finished I can more on to paint prep .I had a hell of a time getting the one front wheel off yesterday, I had to used a punch a bfh to pound the wheel off. Seems some water got in there and rust, It has been some time since this axle has seen grease.I will be happy when we start to get some warmer painting weather so I can paint my Original and this 125 , also rear fenders for the 1512 Diesel.Thanks as always Don T
thumbsup_old.gif

I have a CD snow blower with a power shute. It stopped working. It started rotating very slow and now it doesn't work at all. Not sure if its the motor or the switch. Fuse is not blown. it's over 200.00 for a motor and 56.00 for a switch. Can anyone help? Where can I find used parts? Thanks in advance.

Darren-
At the top of the page it says:

"Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981."
1a_scratchhead.gif

Everybody give up on my problem?

Matt did a good job explaining how these pieces go together, I appreciate that, but I'm going to need a very large arbor press to squeeze this 1/2" pin into a 3/8" hole (see pic). Is it possible this "U" shape lever came from something else? The holes appear reversed. I don't remember if it was painted red before I cleaned it. I would assume that if the cylinder has a 1/2" hole, then the pin should be 1/2" or you would have too much play in it. Surely it wasn't designed that way! Can anyone figure out what happened, and would it be accetable to just open up the 3/8" hole to 1/2"?
Confused (but nothing new)
221712.jpg

Norm, I don't think everyone has given up on your problem, we're all just pondering it.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I see remnants of red paint in one of the photos you posted below. It's entirely possible that it's from a different model.
dunno.gif
Hopefully someone with an 82 series will show up with some photos/details...

Craig C
I don't think it had a tiller. The front PTO doesn't look used and still has the fiber button thats in great shape. It didn't have a deck but did come with a deck mule. It also came with a Brinley adaptor which I didn't take a picture of. The PO took it off because he was afraid of someone stealing it. I got it when I bought it. My brother found this on Craigslist in Cadiz,KY. I got it because of the hydrolic lift. I been wanting a tractor with a hydrolic lift for a long time. I was hoping it would have a creeper but I been told creepers were used on snow throwing tractors and not plowing tractors. We don't get that much snow so probably why I haven't found a Cub Cadet with a creeper. I'd say this one worked a garden but didn't have a tiller. Looks like it would lift one! Probably had Brinley tools with it. I don't know if I'll add a tiller to it or not. Seen one local for sale when I got my 105.

Looked at the manual on changing the axle oil seals. They don't look too hard to change. This one probably has axle bushings instead of roller bearings since it's a 7hp. Two bolts are missing in the rear end back cover plate. You can see them in the picture so someone has been messing in the transmission.
Thanks,
Michael

Norm Bartee

I will take off the cover and check the size of the holes in mine 1512 D 82 series in the am. we are off to the city for a new washer and dryer (front load). I wounder if that pin was a po mod,seems to be way more weld on the pin bracket that what it needed to work.Later Don T

I`am sure Matt G will have an answer soon
thumbsup_old.gif

What does parts look up ,any info there ?

MICHAEL - Creepers are almost required on roto-tiller tractors, optional on snow blower tractors. My 72 had a K181 replacement engine in it when I got it and I ran a QA36 for a couple years. It wasn't fast but was faster than shoveling.

And 72's would have plain bronze bushings in the ends of the axle carriers. I had a pair of 123 axle carriers I swapped to get the needle bearings and stop my oil dripping from my 72, but "I THINK" the needle bearings will install in place of the bushings.... MAYBE. I know the oil seals, or as my receipt said, "Corn Head gearbox seals" fit with either type bearing.

I would hope that someone changed the oil in the rearend in the last 42 yrs. Since I have hydro's & GD's I just always remove the rear cover to change oil. GD's are pretty easy on the Hy-Tran, if you don;t use it a lot you can get 2-3 years out of the 3-1/2 quarts of H-T in a GD.

No, parts lookup shows it like Matt said, except it shows the holes reversed from mine (small hole in back).
I also found some red paint on it. Sure looks like it's factory made, maybe went on a later model, or perhaps a 582 or 982???
221716.jpg

Norm, Kraig,

That lift part is from a 782. The 782 had a unique lift part, different from all other Cubs. The manual lift 82's used the same parts as all the other Cubs. The 782 was a "one off" in the pre CCC cubs. I have even read in the past that part will twist/bend. With a rear lift, the 782 used a different bar that went from the cylinder to the rear rockshaft, it is straight. The manual 82's used the same bar as the Wideframes.

Norm-

If you can wait a few hours until my midterms are over I'll try to explain a few things.
noshare.gif

Scott N.-

The 682/582 lift bar is not the same as the earlier WF lift bar...it has 2 bends in it instead of 1 like the WF one does.

why are creepers for originals so hard to find? are they that rare? i would love one for my original. does the forum have an archive that anyone can remember about creepers? i would like more info.

As many of you know Joe Haban past away a while back.
His nephew Erwin Haban contacted me asking if anyone would be interested in the Joe Haban Story that was made and completed just prior to Joe's passing.
I said WELL YEA!

Anyway, There's information in this video that I had no idea Joe had his hands in the changing of the American farmer as much as he did.

Be warned, the original video was over 500M and Thanks to our very own Kraig M., got it compressed it down to a manageable size for viewing, 209 M.

THANKS Kraig!

Link to view the video will be online real soon.

221722.jpg

Lucas Jones

You should have the manual to do this.But I think all valves are set at tdc top dead center(piston up)Adjust as per the manual cold setting.
old.gif

Tim M,
Creepers came later in the Original line up if your hung up on early Original models #509 and up(as I am) they were not available, same as the steering half moon adjustment hole on the pedestal.And the pin on collarded front wheels. Creepers sure make work alot easier though!

Tim P- I think the Original creepers are rare for two reasons- they were expensive at the time they were introduced (you had to buy the Danco creeper unit, and a new shorter clutch assembly), and they were pretty fragile. The cast handle stuck up right where you swing your foot across the tunnel to get on and off the tractor and the handle would break off if it got kicked. I've had several creepers with "custom" handles installed where the correct handle had been broken off.

Latest posts

Back