• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DON - You're correct, but those aren't stock either!

TOM - I ran my QA-36 for a couple years in the 72 when it had a K181 and No creeper, they do amazingly well for only 8 HP, but your correct, you need a creeper for the first pass.

I was going to use the 70 & blade to clear the 4-5 inches we had around Madison but used the Super H instead. The ground was actually MUDDY under the snow. Had to be real careful not to rearrange the landscaping!

Since your 800 is a WF, the shifter cup repair should be a snap compared to a NF. Pull four screws and remove tunnel cover, pull six capscrews and remove shifter.

Tom H., like you I've got the 8hp in my 73 and it does very well tossin' snow. I don't have a long drive or a big lot so it works just fine for me! (ps, and a couple of the elderly neighbors) LOL.

Dennis,
Removing the shifter on Tom's 800 is not quite that easy, the fender pan has to come off also. The shifter cover is under the pan and front of the battery box, plus the shifter comes through a hole in the front of the fender pan.

Don T.
Saying "I don`t think these will break . "

Isn't that like saying "Watch this!"
biggrin.gif

I just found something else that someone could have made a little simpler to install. "Condenser"

235740.jpg

The 107 lost a few parts to the 125 . Krags washer idea also.

Don, ummm, that's not what I was referring to with the washer. If you look at the photos I posted I was merely pointing out where the washer that was on the assembly that I was sending should go when you install the throttle cable. Placing a washer where you have it will limit the length of the screw and it might not clamp against the throttle cable properly...

Charlie, should that be prefaced with "Hold my beer..."
1a_scratchhead.gif

PAUL B. - Yep, the fender pan on my 982 is the same as most all the other WF fenders..... There's that little 1/2 inch wide strip ahead of the shifter isn't there?!?!?

The dipstick for the hydro is under the cover there on my 982.

As much as I really REALLY hate cutting things up I'd be REAL tempted to carefully snip that thing out of there but I bet it still wouldn't come out with the shift forks down in the tranny.

I had to pull the shifter on my 72 last summer for the first time in 31 years to tighten a capscrew on the 1-R shift fork. Took 4-5 hours to pull the rearend & re-install. That includes unbolting the engine to install the stock clutch with a new throw-out bearing too.

Charlie, I don't drink the stuff either, unless there's a "root" in front of it... and then even that is better if it has some vanilla ice cream floating in it.
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back