• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rporter

displayname
Rich Porter
Terry B Yer probably right, my old cummins diesel will do better milage than alot of gasers so I imagine the 127 Cub with a Diesel would get a lot of hours on a tank. Rich
lol.gif
old.gif

Roger M,

Anytime you remove the S/G you should set the polarity of it. This is accomplished very simply with a jumper wire and momemtarily touching the BAT terminal to the GEN terminal (I need to verify that is the correct terminal with the Service Manual) on the voltage regulator.

I see Charlie has posted info on testing and working on S/G's in the http://cubfaq.com/questions.html link at the top of the page, see #'s 47 and 47a).

Ron-
What you describe is true for a generator, but since our cubs have a starter generator there is no need to polarize. It self polarizes the minute you try to start the tractor.

Hey guys, when I was plowing tonight with my 100, the creeper gear kicked out a few times, this is the first time this has happen. I would be plowing along with the creeper in high and all of a sudden it would kick out of gear, when I looked down at the creeper shiftlever, it was in the neutral position. Is my creeper starting to go, or do I need to rebuild it ?

Ron/Art-

The voltage regulator is what needs to be polarized. You still need to do the procedure that Ron mentioned. I didn't do this once and fried a regulator....don't make the same mistake I did. You're both partially right.

Matt
do you do this with power connected or not?
Jason
Ill go check the FAQS but i was just wondering

Jason D.-

Yes, otherwise nothing will happen. BTW, you'll get a pretty good spark. Don't let it scare you and cause you to short anything to the frame with your jumper lead.
happy.gif

Jason - You don't connect the polarizing voltage to it , you just give it a fast swipe liked you'd do to see if a battery had a charge in it.

Dave H on the creeper, Check on the outer case of the creeper gear. there is a "dimple" in the casting that is the stop for the ball detent that holds it in gear. If the dimple gets a buildup of crud in it it makes it very easy to slip out of gear. If you are lucky a good cleaning underneith could be a cure. Had it happen while the front seal on the creeper was leaking. The lube and dirt from tilling filled the dimple and it would not stay in gear. Good luck!

Would anyone know off hand how long the lift rod for the snowthrower and front blade would be for a 107 with electric lift?
Has anyone broke off the side studs for the quick hitch on the front snow plow and if so wouldn't it be better with a solid shaft like on the mule drive? Thanks, Brandon

I cleaned the dimple on the outside of the creeper, it wasn't too dirty, I then drove the 100 around for about 10 minutes and it popped out of gear, when it does this the creeper shift lever goes into its neutral postition, I then try to shift it back into high and it grinds, even if I push in the clutch. I then have to idle the engine down and press in the clutch and wait a while till it doesn't grind and then put it in low then high. I also noticed that when I'm driving along I can just barely touch the creeper shift lever and it pops out of gear. Also, lately I've noticed that when I shift thru the gears (1,2,3 and reverse)the shift lever doesn't easily go into gear and that I have to ease up on the clutch pedal halfway then it goes into gear.
Thanks guys for the help.
Dave

Dave ..... shift fork in creeper mite be lose, so its not ingauging the gear all the way. If I remember right the fork is held on the shaft with a spirl roll pin.
ihrotate.gif

Dave - First off they DON'T have synchronizers so quit trying to shift it like a car. Second some of your trouble sounds like the drive shaft is dragging in the engine bushing causing the shaft to keep turning instead of releasing when you push in the clutch. As for popping out of gear the above 2 things has probably caused the gears to wear (chip!) off so that it'll never stay in gear until you put new gears in.
To fix the second problem you'll need to remove the drive shaft and clean out the bushing and inspect it. It's probably worn and needing replaced -or- it's got grime in it and needs cleaned and polished , and look at the end of the shaft too. The bushing and shaft may be gawled.

Just thought I would upload two pictures one with the Mod 125. I wish people would stop asking for snow I've had enought this year. I have problems throwing snow over the high banks. I tried adjusting the shute,but I end up trowing snow to vertical. I think this summer I'll tear down the thrower and try the slip paint.
79902.jpg

79903.jpg

Ken, I think I worded it wrong, I don't shift it like a standard transmission, they way I shift is that I come to a complete stop using the brake/clutch pedal then shift it into gear, this is where it has a hard time going into gear, this is where I have to ease up on the clutch pedal to get it to go into gear. Thanks.

I was wondring if anyone has a suggestion for a tractor seat that resist cracking in the cold weather, short of a metal pan. I need a new seat for my 782 and would like one that stays together in the cold weather. Maybe they all crack in the cold as they get older. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back