• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James - You don't need a thrower , you need a conveyor !

Dave - I still don't think your driveshaft is releasing good. Put it in neutral and start it up then work the clutch and see if the shaft stops spinning.

Another reason to have to slip the clutch is to get the gears to line up (to mesh) so they'll go in gear. That's common on any gearing without syncros.

Pat - You're stuck with cloth or leather I guess. The rubber seats on the 102 might hold up but hard to find good ones and probably wouldn't be comfortable for long periods.
The 102 seat I was going to put on my 122 sure felt good in the garage though ;)

Pat K My wife decided that the seaton my 127 CUB looked TOOO shabby with the giant cracks and holes in it so she went to the fabric store and bought some "naugehide" . She says "with a little ingenuity it takes about a half a yard of 54" and shee made a 6" insert down the middle of the back" then she took off the old vinyl covering and the crimpped trim around the seat, then put the new naugehide over the foam,put the crimped trim back on the edge of the seat and then trimmed the covering around the trim. It's not "Original" but it sure looks better and is easier on the old backside. Plus the wife is happy. Sorry I don't have a digital camera and wouldn't know how to get pictures onto the computer anyway!! She also did the seat on my "Other" old tractor and it turned out purty gud! too
old.gif
pcwhack.gif
bouncy.gif

Hello All! Could you please help me with pricing a 1650 with snow thrower, mowing deck, blade, tiller and trailer in running condition. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,
Vico

Vico M.
Oh the great what's it worth thing again.
biggrin.gif

It's worth what you pay for it, nothin more, nothin less.
There's no way anyone can tell you what that setup is worth without being with you when you go look at it.
Running condition means nothin, 90% of all Cubs guys find will run with a few minutes work.
We have no picture, we've not heard it run and we know nothing about the condition of any of the attachments.
I've paid less than 200 bucks for more than you say it has and I've paid more than 500 bucks for less.
Go look at it and if it feels good, buy it, and come back here and ask if ya got a good deal or not.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hello all. i`am coming your way next week Charlie, Jim Spence wants his tractor home. later Don T

Hey, Don: Just 1600 miles from here to Charlie's.
angel.gif

Vico M. Last year I gave $200.00 for a one family owned 1650 with front blade, mower deck, double Brinly disc, and a Brinly plow. The tractor runs sweet and I'll be bringing it to Spring Plow Day at Rockford. A couple months later my ex-sister in law's husband called and asked if I was still interested in the 1650 they purchased new. Price $200.00 and it only had the deck. That one needs an engine overhaul and some TLC since they used it to mow a lot of lawn. It was maintained and never sat outside one night. I bought it simply because I always liked that particular 1650. Ssssoooo.... as Charlie said, "Go ahead and buy it." Post some pics and we'll let ya know if you paid too much or not enough for it. And... if you decide that you don't want all the equipment that came with it there is always someone here willing to come and take it off your hands so you won't have to mess with it.
biggrin.gif

Donald T. You're going next week to Charlie's? Too bad it wasn't warmer and I had a little more notice. I'd swing over that way just to meet you. And drop off a couple of things for Charlie and Ryan K.

Vico....
If the tractor is all there, runs good, and all of the attachments are complete and work, and it is not absolutely fugly, I would not give more that $800 for it. Like Charlie said.. It is worth what you paid for it. The figure I gave, being from the NE myself, is what they go for. If it needs work, then you have some bargaining room. These tractors will last forwver if they're kept up and gone through... You will go though several box store trctors before you'll wear out a cub.

Beware though, once you buy that first one, It becomes an addiction... Right Charlie?
thumbsup_old.gif

hehe Charlie id love to sit down with you and have a root beer, just something to clear the dust lol. i would think ,time would pass and a few stories would be given. a good day for all. later Don T
coffee.gif

Attn: Mr Plow Special (Art) Thanks for the warm welcome into the 10hp Club...do I get a free wall plaque or something??

Can I call it the Plow "Extra" Special ???

79906.jpg

Now, what Oil pan am I gonna need to mount the K241 on my Original? The one I have is out of a 109 and does not have "ears".

Rich P.
No bubble there.
That sign is actually Mark J's. I don't have the decals you have on the way to me as yet.
I've got the frame though and I'm really anxious to get mine done and hung up.
thumbsup_old.gif

Vico. Not a very good picture however here is the 1650 that came with all the attachments.
Mike Caruth is taking it for a first drive.
79911.jpg

And another one of it in the ol' Dakota.
79912.jpg

Lyle B. Remember this one? Angel and I are looking forward to seeing you again.
79924.jpg

Sure can't wait for the lawn to look green again.

And Jim Thomsen asked about Clarence awhile ago.
79925.jpg

Notice the notch cut out on the mule drive piece? For the Craftsmen snowthrower that was on him.

79926.jpg

Notice the V-shaped notch that the real Clarence put in to give easier access when putting the bottom screw in on the points cover. He drilled holes in the grille for clips to hold springs (spring assist) when he mounted a Craftsmen snowthrower on Clarence.

I have gotten another crankshaft for my 169 rebuild. This one mics out good, but the flywheel end is threaded and takes a nut. The old one takes a threaded bolt to hold the flywheel drive cup. I can't see that it matters, but do any of you folks know if it does?

Marlin

You hit the nail on the head, I can't wait to see some green grass, I actually miss mowing my lawn.

79937.jpg

79938.jpg

Looks like we are all getting anxious for spring and getting some quality seat time. My two latest additions I found about 40 miles east of Indy. Both appear to be in better than average condition. The 147 is my first experience with the electric lift. I'm anxious to get them running. Probably have to do the carb thing since they both have been sitting for some time. I keep telling myself that I am going to downsize but then... O well you know how it is.

William
79943.jpg

79944.jpg

79945.jpg

Back