• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 21, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaines

displayname
Carson Haines
I am in the process of disassembling a creeper from a 108 to replace the seals and possibly the front bearing. I have the Large snap ring removed that holds the bearing cage to the casting. The shift collar is also out. The problem I have is I cannot pull the bearing cage out the front. It moves back and forth but will not pull out.

I am wondering I am missing something or is there a procedure I am missing. The large snap ring was not installed properly and was not in the grove all the way around.

Clamp the nose of the cage in a vise, not too tight now!
If you have the snap ring removed, lube up the cage to housing joint with some lube, oil, WD, whatever and while pulling on the hosing , rotate it back and forth and it should come out.
There is an o ring in there that has a tendancy to hang up in the inner groove.

Assemble the same way, be sure and lube the o ring, and rotate while inserting to avoid pinching the o ring.

Good luck!

I will give that a try. I pulled on it with slip joint pliers and it seems hung up. May be the O ring. I have it soaking with some PB Blaster

Wonder if you could pull the oil seal to the shaft and then reach in and remove the snap ring under the seal and slide the shaft and gears out the back.

Angle the pliers straight up and grab the end and wiggle and pull.
They can be a real PITA to get out sometimes, LOL

I mounted a vise on a 2x12 and put it on the floor and stand over it to get better leverage.

Thanks for the idea of a vise on the floor. Will soak it overnight and give it another try tomorrow.

Success. It was the O-ring holding up the works. Came out in a couple of pieces. Thanks for the advice.

Got a 126 question:
What supports the dash end of the hood besides the metal edge of the cowl?
Are there any rubber bagy bubby bunkers supposed to be in there?

David S.
The Parts Lookup is a cool tool to use.
302467.jpg

Attachments

• 302467.jpg
    302467.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 302467.jpg
    302467.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 124
Yeah, I know, Charlie.
That was the 1st place I looked, and then in my hard copy of it.
Problem is, it also notes, in my copy at least, for the 126 that it's "not used in this application"??
If it is used, they (2 of them) would have to sit on the fiberglass portion it looks like anyway.
You stock these??
What are they, like a square piece of rubber?
Maybe 3/8 x 3/8" or so?

Those pads are supposed to work 106, 107, 126, 127, 147.
1a_scratchhead.gif

They are NLA.

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 115
Yeah, Kinda figured that.
Guess I'll split a piece of small rubber hose and slip over the metal edge of the cowl. At least that should keep the metal edge of the hood away from the fiberglass.
Thanks!

Morning guys!

Last weekend was very nice here, with the temperature reaching 65* on Saturday! With yellow and white fever, topped off with spring fever, I removed the IH 42" push blade, the new 4 link v-bar tire chains, and lastly, my IH rear wheel weights from my IH Cub Cadet 1450!!!! Next, I polished up the 1450 to a shine! I am ready for spring, and winter is on its way out despite this weeks weather forecast. Also changed the engine oil with Cub Cadet 10w-30 in plastic bags!

David S- That's not a bad idea! I have done this on my Quiet Line using a .386" o.d rubber hose about 2.5" long slit down the middle to fit on my hood rest. Seems to work fine in a pinch!

Something I use is door edge trim that you can get in an auto parts store or even Wal-Mart. Not original but protects the hood and the dash. I cover the entire seam around the hood.

<center>
a---allalone.gif
</center>

Attachments

• a---allalone.gif
    a---allalone.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 112
David S and John L - many of the 1x6/7 units I've seen had something that looked like black/dark grey weather strip padding that was all the way around that recessed area of the dash where the hood rests. I saw so many that way I thought they must be original (needless to say it appears I was wrong again and actually learned something from Charlie's suggestion). Maybe others on here can post a pic of the dash on their 1x6/7 units so we can see.
You know what they say
worthless.gif

Charlie and Kraig -
a---allalone.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 117
  • a---allalone.gif
    a---allalone.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 104
Maybe this will generate some discussion...

302476.jpg

Attachments

• 302476.jpg
    302476.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 302476.jpg
    302476.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 120
I've used various hose slit down one side wrapped around the Hood's edge. I've also seen some kind of weather stripping on the fiberglass dash. Wanted to try that myself on my quiet lines.I've also thought about sticking to underside of the hood.

Latest posts

Back