• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brendan B. Dont know how much success you will have soldering. Suspect terminals will melt down as you solder. How about drilling a hole in the remaining terminal and driving in a short but stocky sheet metal screw or other type of self tapping screws you might have. I have seen studs in Box stores that are wood screws on one end and machine screws on the other. Maybe you can find something about a #8 or #10 ga. that will work. Just my 2 cents.

Howdy,

I'm trying to pull the drive shaft on my 982 so I can replace part 43 and maybe the drive shaft if it's worn at the end. But how do you get the thing out? do I need to pull the engine forward or the hydro back? I searched for an answer in the vault but couldn't find one concerning just pulling the drive shaft.
114963.gif

Thanks

-everett

when i pulled my drive shaft i slid my motor forward so thats what i would say has to be done

Thanks Allen, never thought bout tryin a screw. Should thread in pretty easily. It's broken off right in the corner where the horizontal part goes vertical.
bash.gif

VINCE - Even though My 72 doesn't have a tool box because it seldom if ever breaks down....I carry a 12" crescent wrench and a small putty knife when I plow. Crescent to make adjustments, My Ohio Steel plow has a threaded rod with a BUNCH of hex nuts for adjustment as opposed to the lever/handle on the Brinley's. Putty knife for scraping built-up dirt off every sliding surface every time I stop, and My plow actually had a real good land polish on it. I've used IH Till-Coat to paint the moldboard & coulter after plowing but actually a little plain old grease still works as good as anything. Nice thing about the Till-Coat is to remove it You just hook-up the plow and drop it in the ground!
Some of these rusty pitted moldboards I see at PD's I have NO idea how they expect them to scour. A sanding flap wheel in a 4-1/2" angle grinder is a good tool to start cleaning the rust with, use finer grit as You get the rust knocked off....then switch to something like a Scotch-Brite wheel to start putting a polish on it. Sandy dirt or sod works best to get them starting to polish, and dryer is MUCH better than wet ground. And just keep scraping the built-up dirt off the moldboard and eventually You will get the moldboard to shine up.

Question about the Firestone 23* tires. Do they only come in 23x8.5x12? I'd like to find something taller for the 782Ds 23x10.5x12 rims than a Tru Power if I could. Any suggestions? I can borrow the Goodyears off my son's 1810. They are from way back when we put them on the 682 around 1988. Always garaged and should be in good shape. Just don't want to lower the D since I have three point.

probably wrong area to post this ? but since its not an actual event I'll try here. I see posts about plow days and other shows, but is there such a thing as a Mowfest or Mow-in? reason I ask I was thinking about something event-wise for our boro park that could involve GT's and since plowing isnt possible I thought of a Mow Day. we got lots of grass.(see pic) Anyone here ever been to something similar and if so what was involved?
1a_scratchhead.gif

114966.jpg

this is about 1/2 the park maybe

MARLIN - Firestone makes a 26-12.00 X 12 also, They're actually only about 25" tall....I've seen them on 782's and they just barely clear the fenders, Then they also make some 15" & 16" rim diameter tires but they're taller yet...like on Lonnie's CC. There were "RUMORS" Firestone was going to make dies to make 23-10.50 X 12's but so far I haven't seen anything except a Post that I think Steve B. made several months ago about them. The website Kraig posted a few posts down didn't have the Firestone 26-12.00's listed but if You do a search on "Miller Tire" You'll find them I bet. Or just call HARRY's FARM TIRE.

harry miller, rest assured if you hold it i will come! I've never heard of one but I'm sure people would come i don't know if you know but because of gas prices Burgettstown isn't planing on having a firemans' parade this year and i was asked (keep in mind I'm 16) to organize a tractor parade where all the tractors get decorated like fire trucks, i was a little skeptical so i said i would just help plan rather then coordinate but now i haven't heard anything more about it in a while, so i don't know if it is happening or not???

I do like your idea though that is a lot of grass, there is a guy in Bulger by the community center that has like 20 some restored wheel horses sure he would be there!

is that pic taken right by the creek?

Hey I have a guy I work with that says he has a 1440 Cub. Was that a ICC or does that belong to the MTD people? He says it sputters and spits then dies and wont restart and was asking me what I thought. I told him if it was built after '81 to junk it. He wasnt too descriptive about it or its problems so thats all I have to go on for now.
Another guy said he might 2 cubs for me as well.
Guess I'm going to be building that extra large shop/garage pretty darn soon!!

Harry, I'd show up to mow anywhere if it meant I got to run out some old gas!

Dennis F. Thank You!!! I'll try them this weekend. If'n you're talking about Harry's Farm Tire of Wheatland, Iowa then I remember them. Good people. I bought tires from them when I was in eastern Iowa. A now deceased gentleman named Orin Tharp of Moscow, Iowa helped give Harry his start years ago. As big as Harry's is one wouldn't believe it unless he knew Mr. Tharp however Mr. Tharp was twice the size business-wise as Harry's. I'll tell you more when we meet sometime. It is a neat story.

Matt -yep by the creek I was standing on the dirt mound. I like the tractor parade when would that be this year-hopefully not same as our car cruise in Aug?. Ive been trying to come up with some event/s to have at park that may also help us a bit-we're in same boat as everyone moola-wise that is.park budget got cut to almost nothing this year.I just volunteer to help plant grass,help events,do cruise,etc. Nice to know someone your age wants to help around their town,instead of vandalizing it.LMK on parade and I'll keep looking into a Mow-In.oooh the colors....
baldguy.gif

Everette, I have pulled my shaft out both ways, and sliding the engine forward is by far much easier than pullin the rearend off. IMHO

Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) Thanks for the PD offer, you never know when i`ll decide to take a trip,if this snow ever goes away lol. We got about 8" and then freezing rain so i will plow with my 149 in the am. I have my eye open for a d Cub so you never know when i`ll find one that is a good price and shape. Wife says sell a couple of your Cubs and get a D. have a great night later Don T

What is the direction of rotation of the engine in a 128 as viewed from the drivers seat. Mine is all apart so can't run engine or starter or anything - hence the question. Thanks.

Anyone going to any plowdays in PA this year. I know with the temps outside right now (11 degrees), plowing isn't on the top of everyone's mind. It's nice to think of warmer days. LOL Nick
beerchug.gif

hey guys! was wondering if i could have some in-put.....how do i tell when a friction disk is too worn-out.this disk comes from a IH cubcadet 102. i would like to know because i also have a 71 and a 72. now, somewhere in the vault i rember seeing a post that says that the disks could be "re-furburshed" . reading a recent post upon making a warped kolar 7-hp. head level, if you will, using a sheet of glass and a certain grit of sandpaper to correct the problem. after i decide what is the tolerance between good and bad, i'll need a method to do so. would the "warped head solution" work? any help would be thankful! i'am continually searching the vault. thanks again!

Back