• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I miss the Red Barron.
sad.gif

Maybe I should paint Foxtrox in a Red Barron-esk style......

Hi all, If all went well,(my first picture post), then you are looking at my 125 after I last plowed my drive. I added (4) 10lb Supercub wieghts to the sleeve hitch and am happy with the performance. I am not happy with trying to start the hydro in 10 degree weather though, and recall in the past some discussion about a plug in magnet that I could put on the side of the housing. Currently I have to pre-heat the rearend with my torpedo heater and put a charger on it for about 20 minutes. By the way, the sleeve hitch is still linked to the lift rod and with the helper spring I can't tell the 40lb is there.

I'm starting to "catch on". The rear of my 125. Note that I do not remove my gearbox for tiller. When I'm finished plowing the garden, I remove the plow and install the tiller for the remainder of the summer. Yes, I have been stuck once while plowing as the belt got hung up underneath. Hopefully my 122 will be finished next summer for plowing/disking the garden.
your_image.gif

I'm starting to "catch on". The rear of my 125. Note that I do not remove my gearbox for tiller. When I'm finished plowing the garden, I remove the plow and install the tiller for the remainder of the summer. Yes, I have been stuck once while plowing as the belt got hung up underneath. Hopefully my 122 will be finished next summer for plowing/disking the garden.
your_image.gif

Decal placement,
I do not know the location of a few of the decals in the set for a 149.
1. "Lift Switch, raise and lower
2. "Release and Drive" also says do not tow
3. "Caution" speaks of Electrical system and Negitave Ground.

I have a set of books but do not see these Decals in the books.
Thanks, Herb

Forgive me. Wow! do I feel like an idiot. Just as I thought I was catching on, my second pic would not post, so I hit the cancel post button, but that obviously didn't work. I'll try to post the pic of the rear of my 125 again later. Paul

art
that last post was way COOL!!
on topic got some new parts for the 102 today
at the local cub dealer.

Herbert G. -

The lift switch decal is for tractors with electric lift. If you don't have electric lift, sell the decal for big bucks on ePay
lol.gif

My 169 has the "do not tow" decal on the side of the tunnel cover, next to the hydro release lever.

Here's my most plausible explanation for the extra decal...

First, nobody ever billed the decal sets from Cub Cadet as repro decals.

That said, I'd guess that as time went on, decals were added to the sets to cover the safety and operational issues of the day. I think if you look closely, the tunnel cover decal isn't exactly the same as the original either - there's additional safety information, at least there was on my 1450's set.

If you really want to apply it, I believe the electrical caution decal goes under the battery cover.

Finally, it pays to take pictures of the tractor BEFORE you take it apart
wink.gif

Have to join everyone else and say what a great thing the PointsSaver Dave has is - just finished putting it on one of my 123's and a world of difference. Have to also consider I still keep reading mechanics and engines for Dummies.

Anyway, just a note to say Hi. Oh wife has gone totally Cub crazy, she bought me one for Valentines Day - first geared one - a 100. Cant wait to have it join the herd.
Jim

Well thanks for all the good advice on the rockshaft it has been replaced, ALOT of pounding ALOT
bob

(Message edited by bjack on February 17, 2004)

herb g. wow looks like we both have the same delima with this sticker \image(1)
I dont recall my 149 having it, but i do remember a triangle shaped decal on the lower right pedastal that i didn't get i my set.

any one know were this wire goes? /image{2}it's yellow and about 10 ga wire, seems like it was being used as a ground strap
/image{3}
here a pic of the 149 today, finally got a digital camera, a sony F717, way cool.

Doug B.

I have the same wire on my 149 and it is on the back bolt of the S/G to make sure it is grounded good. The sticker is not on my 149 and it is not been painted yet.

Doug,
My 129 has that cable and it goes from the front lower mounting bolt on the starter/generator to the rear mounting bolt on the grille. It is for getting a good ground for starting. The decal I believe was added to the kit after production. If I remember right, my 1650 has one under the seat plate. It can be seen when you flip the seat up. As it states, it gives directions for jumping to the battery. This is one of those safety decals that was not on the 1X8,9 models but should be added.

One more time on the triangular OPEI decal...

The decal changed dang near every year, so imagine how many they'd have to make so that you'd have the correct one. Do you think it'd be worth it for MTD to do this? I'd bet that not even <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> provided them in their decal sets.

Let's all say this one more time - MTD is not in the business of supplying RESTORATION DECALS...

There, I knew you could...
wink.gif

Wes -

Intersting. My 1450 never had one, although there was one already stuck on a new replacement cover that I got.

Latest posts

Back