• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Charlie, would that be the 1250 that you had in the small garage when I was down there or is that a different offender?

got a qustion regarding the vent hole on the rearend, i have noticed that it is only vented on the hydros, as both the 1200 and original that i have, have the hole but it is not drilled all the way through....am i correct that only the hydro's are vented?
ihrotate.gif

Glen, I believe you are mostly correct. The gear drives are vented but it is not an actual breather vent like on the hydros, the shift lever is not sealed so it acts as a sort of breather vent.

Glen,
Thanks for the picture. Today is my last day of working in the city. My wife and I are leaving our day jobs to go work full-time on an organic farm 30 miles outside of Seattle. I'm thinking about building a trailer train something like the one in the pic for us to pull with our Cubs. My young son will also be able to use them to go out and pick up the daily harvest.

Randy

Kraig,
Oh who knows, lol
You find one of the dang things and they seem to multiply like rabbits!
I've had 3 calls and 5 emails asking if I wanted to buy more in the last month.
biggrin.gif

They had to make more 1250's than any other tractors, I swear they did!

Charlie, did you ever finish tearing down that one in the garage so I can come and get the "good" parts?
happy.gif

Nope,
I just rolled it outside.
Kinda lost interest when the arm went!
But spring is just around the corner.
clappy.gif

CHARLIE - Has to be more 129's than 1250's....
KRAIG - That's the little boring mill....I bought a LOT of parts for a bigger boring mill for a crane company up "Nort" of Sheboygan that the colume was as tall as a two-story building. After I left they built one even BIGGER still. I mostly bought repair parts for 30 to 100 year old machines.

Has any one ever made an oval body muffler for their cc, or know of any plans to??? Does anybody know how Brad D made his?
51791.jpg

OK, something about those two photos of that 1x5 Cub Cadet with the red hooded operator have "bothered" me since I first saw them. The grill doesn't look right to me, it appears to be too wide, not quite as wide as a Cub Lo-Boy 154 but wider then a production 1x4/5/6/7 grill. In the photo that I posted earlier today, if you look where the grill meets the frame it appears that this grill is actually a 1x2/3 grill that has been heavily photo retouched, a "copy and paste" if you will. The lower shape is not right for a 1x4/5/6/7 grill but does match a 1x2/3 grill. This could also explain the open area under the seat.

51794.jpg

Above is the "prototype" grill in question.

51795.jpg

Above is a 123 grill.

51796.jpg

Above is a 125 grill.

These brochure photos also point to it being a retouched photo.

51797.jpg

51798.jpg

Thought I would attempt to post a picture of the QA42A gear box rebuild. I was having a little trouble however I believe I have figured out how to get it done. Picture posting that is. After examination of all the pieces and parts it turns out the input shaft is good and reassembly is underway. Hope to have the snow thrower ready by tonight....just in time for the clipper that is in the forcast for this weekend.
51805.jpg

51806.jpg

Glen i made that for Brad it is a cub muffler inside the can.The wrapper is oval shaped and welded to the muffler and caps welded to the wrapper.

Thanks Mike, I don't think a tractor is a tractor unless it has ag's in the rear, ribbed in the front, and the muffler through the hood, ready to plow anything in it's way. JMHO

Charlie, thanks for the advice on the lubricant for the rt. angle drive. Rebuild job is done, lubed per your suggestion and ready for action. I'm feeling better already.

Back