• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caught up guys; still playing in this Indiana snow. 3 to 4 inches more tonight!!

Marlin's card caught my eye!!! With bifocals thank you, any way new place to visit, only 45 min. North West of Pops house. Cool!!

Pops

Thomas,
Don't forget to get some action shots!
beerchug.gif

Thomas - be glad the input shaft was OK on that gearbox. I did a rebuild a few years ago - the input shaft bearing was gone and the PO let it waller around. I paid $75.00 for a new shaft and was thankful that MTD even carried it! (It came in an MTD, not IHC bag...)
51809.gif

Kendell,
I don't mean to bust your bubble here, But I know that a few of the sponsors on here charge less than half that for those shafts.

Kraig-

Another odd thing about that photo from the previous page of the 1x4/5 throwing snow it that the IH logo isn't on the rear fender brace, it's on the back of the seat...

Kraig,
On the seat bracket it those photos.
I have had both types of seat breacket.
One with the block out pannel to make it a tool box and one without the block out pannel.
It might just be a "when it was made" in production or what the customer wanted as a special order. Just my guess.

I see the operator is wearing a glove on his left hand in the last photo. Must have poorer blood flow in that hand.

Charlie - check your e-mail ( I save all my receipts) - That <u>dealer's</u> bubble burst about a year ago... I don't think I'm unusual in going to a local dealer when I've got a broken machine sitting in the yard - I go to a Cub Cadet dealer and trust they aren't ripping me off. (and for all I know, they were passing on the price from MTD - I'm not sure if the link you sent me is for an MTD part...or a repop) (In this case, I didn't discover that bad shaft till I was ready to put the QA42 back together (and there was snow forecast at the time
angry.gif
). It's different when I'm working on a project and can wait for something to be mailed to me - that's why I'm interested in supporting those businesses at the top of the page!

Been a decent day, got a lot done at work, and came home and shaved off the drifts with the 129, while the old 102 sits stuck in the ice with a non-running motor for now. The throttle cable freed up after a short time of running, and the only gremlin I had was the belt tension adjuster knob on the blower would work itself loose. Whenever I put the tab in the "up" position, it manages to work its way back down, allowing the tensioner to become undone after a few minutes. I'll figure it out eventually.

Sorry, no spectacular action shots of snow plumes, these will have to do.

51820.jpg

51821.jpg

51822.jpg

Charlie have you gotten these yet ? Pick up these freebies at the Louisville KY Tractor/AG show today
Dave
51825.jpg

Bruce:
Is that "tab" a large wingnut? I can't quite tell from the picture. I have one on the other side of the frame for summer storage (you drop the back end of the top link down to it so the unit isn't floppy when it's not mounted), but I don't have a locking tab to keep the belt tensioner from turning (don't see it in the manual, either) You are turning it till the belt is tight and then an additional 3 and 1/2 turns - right?

Kendall,
The "tab" is a spring clip whose purpose looks to be to prevent the large wingnut from unscrewing. I might be better off just drilling a hole and putting a bolt in the hole to prevent it from unscrewing. I probably don't go 3 1/2 turns though.

Do most people who use a snowthrower with a gear drive tractor also have a creeper? From the drifts I've seen this year in my driveway, I'm going to need a thrower instead of my blade, but my 106 doesn't have a creeper.

I was reading and looking at the pictures of the muffler below. nice job. how about a chrome motorcycle muffler with a turndown mounted vertically aside the hood like you did with the cub muffler? They have the mufflers that just look like strait pipes with baffles in them.

roger my 128 has a qa-36a and i don't have a creaper.... And trust me it really sucks without one but it is managable

I have a 147 and was plowing snow, my wheels were off the ground because I was high centerd. I flipped the hydro relief lever to put it into nuetral and got off the tractor to try to see what was going on. I hopped back on and hit the gas and pushed my foreward lever all the way up and I heard a bang and my wheels started spinning fast without putting the relief valvs back down. I though the hydro would not spin whithout the relief valves engaged? Does anybody have any insight into what could have happened. I tried pushing the foreward lever up today with valves dis-engaged to see if it would kick in but was very gentle becouse I diddn't want to hurt it. It diddn't move or jerk.

Got the lights working today after replace bulbs with better ones
thumbsup.gif
and tomorrow im going to put rubber on the mounts to help control the vibration

51828.jpg

Zach:
The relief lever isn't a "neutral" control - it's to be used when the engine is not running to move the machine short distances. Check page 13 of your operator's manual ( check the links of our forum sponsors if ya need one).. The bang was probably the valves slamming closed. How did ja get it high centered?
screwloose.gif

Bruce:
See - I learn something new every day.. My QA42A doesn't have the clip and the manuals (probably pics of pre-production) don't show it.. The instructions do call for 3 and 1/2 turns after the belt is tight.

Jeff: It does look nice- I need a cab for my 129 !

Back