• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thurman: Wow! Glad I asked!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

WOW! that is something, someone on here has the first 169 built.

OKAY!!.... so....I get the 14HP AQS set back in a tractor (a 1200 GD) get her up and running around a bit and ran total af may be an hr or hr & 1/2, retorque the head and run some more.....It's pumping a lot of oil out the breather!!! )(*&%*^%(*&)&)_!! and really smokes bad when under a load ( I pushed a few piles of snow)

I really hadn't planned on doing this the whole route if not need be, but had hoped maybe I could luck out here....NOT!!

What would be the best next step?? fill it half and half oil/MMO ???, half and half oil/tranny fluid?? and run some more in hopes of freeing up "stuck rings" maybe or should I just bite the bullet and go for teardown at least to the point of hone and ring job. What would you guys suggest here??

Thanks in advance!
Fumed in Iowa
Dave S.

Lewis Do-Da - back in that era the last 2 digits of the lens indicated the year the lens was certified (according to some DOT lighting and lens standards). Your lens could not be correct for any tractors built in 1974 or earlier since the lens wouldn't be certified until 1975.

David Schwandt

I had some oil out the breather on a fresh rebuild. the rings need to seat and wear into the cross hatch on a fresh engine. I let it pump oil and worked it.It did stop after some time getting it hot from pulling a drag at 600 lbs.retorqued the head and that 12 works awsum and don`t burn any oil.It has great power allmost as good as a 14 I have. I don`t think snake oil will solve a poor ring gap or a ring seat issue ! If the cylinder is good I would add new rings and clean the piston groves and use a bubble hone in the cylinder so The New rings can seat.The best engines I have here are ones that I worked ,made them pull with new rings as soon as they were timmed and togther and installed.

Hydro Harry: I will take pictures of my 169 as soon as I can. I have the 169 stored for the winter along with several other cubs. I will try to dig it out and move to my shop and take some pictures.

The lift lever shaft has a 3/16" dia. hole for holding it into the lift lever. Since the shaft has to be rotated 90 deg. for a sleeve hitch, shouldn't there be a 3/16" cross hole, or do I need a specific shaft for that?

2 question will a transmission from a 122 work in 1200 question number 2,,Hydro with a reservor fill plug on the top, should there be back pressure there that makes the fluid leak out

Thurman... That is VERY cool to have the first 169 we CANT wait for pictures also anyway to count the fins on the block to determin if you have a 12 or 13

and will you send the info to Art for the data base

Back