• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, Kendell, Aaytay

Thanks for the info on 'using neoprene as a gasket material for the rear cover plate'. I think it is worth a try.

OT Question.
My son has bought a Ford 3000 series farm tractor and I'm looking for the best place to buy parts from,I'm sure lots of you have big tractors and can give me leads.I used to buy parts for my Massey from "Farm and Family"but can't seem to find info on them now Where do you guys go for your BIG tractor needs on the web?

Charlie I don't wont to push the book thing. But if there is a book coming. It will be sold right her on the forum. Right?
drool.gif
worthy.gif
buttrock.gif
groupwave.gif

Dave Beck, I use the standard paper gasket with a little gasket seal on each side. Never leaks. (if that is your problem and why you are asking).

I`am out working on my Original and have found a crack in the frame where it bolts to the rear end. Is there any other places that I should look also more closely ? later Don T
185548.jpg

I used a black marker in the crack so hopefully it will show up.

Don, that's a normal place for the frame to crack. That and the two bolts at the top. Mike Masheris came up with a way to weld up and reinforce that. Here's some photos of that fix. Note the reinforcing plates on the inside of the bottom flanges and the key-stock piece on the bottom. Also a reinforcing plate on the front side of the top flange.

185550.jpg

185551.jpg

185552.jpg

Thanks Kraig
I will print some pictures and take the frame over to the blacksmith next door and have him weld up the frame as you posted. Thanks again Don T

Don T, From the last 3 100's I took apart around the engine mounting bolts and where the grill mounts are real popular places.

Don, just to make clear, note that all the reinforcing plates are welded onto the forward facing sides of the flanges. Do NOT weld them onto the rear facing sides or things will not fit properly. Things like the driveshaft, brake linkage, rear lift bar and so on will be the wrong length.
blush.gif

Dave Ross
When I get this balsted,sanded I will check all there. it looks good so far there was only one crack that I can see on the frame.

Kraig
Thanks again I will explane to the welder where I want the pieces to be.I don`t want to come up short
lol.gif

Later Don T
old.gif

Don, the front of the frame where the grill frame mounts is often bent up due to people running into objects. Here's where the bends are usually located, see photo. I didn't straighten mine before painting it and ended up having to place washers under the rear grill frame mounting bolts to tip the grill frame forward.
bash.gif

185558.jpg

Kraig m
This frame looks square there. Is see yours is bent.Thanks for the heads up. later Don T
185561.jpg

Need a hand, guys. I just picked up a 42" snow blade for $75, thinking I was getting a great deal, but once I got there to take a look, I find the bottom edge of the blade has been worn so badly that the bolts that hold the cutting edge in place are worn 1/2 way through. The rest is ok, including the frame. I went ahead and bought it because the folks looked like they could really use the money, besides, a deal is a deal.

What I need is a photo from the side (cross-section-like) of what the bottom edge of the blade SHOULD look like, so I can figure out how to make the repair. Couldn't find anything on the forum that shows what I need.

I would post a pic of what I have, but my computer won't hook up to my camera for some reason.

Tony, I'll look for some other photos, but here's one to start.

185563.jpg

Tony, here's a drawing of the side view/cross section.

185565.jpg

Oh yea!
I go out and brave the cold and Kraig beats me to it!
clappy.gif

185569.jpg

Looks I need to do some work myself.
biggrin.gif

BTW,
THANKS Kraig, we'd be lost without you!
greenthumb.gif

My 122 transmission was making a wining noise so
I cheked to oil level and it was 4inches from
the oil level plug I dicided to change it And I
could not find the filler plug so I got fustrated
and took all the sheet metal of the trans and
I still Couldent find it so I read the manual again and saw the key word oil level/oil fill
irritated.gif
I need to know what is
the equivelent to ih hi tran fluid is it sae 30
what is the best kind to use.

Latest posts

Back