• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael,

WF and blade sub frame, the sub frame is bent so that it should clear in between the lift arms for the deck.

185500.jpg

Jim

I have two 149's with blades and they are doing the same thing. Is it possible both sub-frames are bent from years of use. This is the first year I have used them. Thanks for posting the diagram. I had already looked at it in the manual but thought I was missing something.

Matt
Is your teaser spring hanging up? Put a little oil on the teaser spring helps on the 106 i have.

Mike,

It is possible somethings are bent after 30-35 years. I would bend (squeeze together) the sub frame arms to clear the deck lift arms.

Jim

Jeff, I didn't mean that the way it came out, when I read your post I went back and looked, it wasn't my intent.

Has anyone ever successfully used neopreme as a gasket material on the rear cover plate of the rear end?

Dave B.
You'll find that someone has used pretty much everything for gaskets at one time or another.
biggrin.gif

Do a search for neopreme or neoprene and you'll find more than you prolly want to know.
lol.gif

But to answer your question, yes.
But you have to make sure that your cover plate is perfectly flat from what I hear.

what is the diferance between a Q blower and an H blower? pros n cons to each?

Morning everyone. Just a quick question. What would cause this??
185504.jpg

The PTO was slipping so I bought a clutch kit.
When I got it apart the spring looked like that.
When putting the clutch back on I made sure it
adjusted just far enough to release the pressure.

Also bought a new set of shoes for my baby.
Wife doesn't like when I get new pieces for
my cub, she becomes a cub widow.
185507.jpg

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT - If anyone got an e-mail from Me yesterday about 2:41 PM please do NOT open it. My PC either got a bug or someone of unscrupulous character hacked into my e-mail account. There's no topic, Please just delete.

ROB F. - Yes, the rearend covers of IH Cub & Cub LoBoy tractors were the same as CC's. Also MTD made the rearend designs so the same gasket could be used. The added hole You show was for the MTD version if I remember correctly.

Dave Ross,
No malice intent was read into what you wrote. After I saw how easy it was to find the info ( once I had the correct search words) that was more of a poke at myself.

All is good
beerchug.gif
beer2.gif

Jeff

Dennis:
So you really aren't in North Africa, ready to send me a check for $5,000,000.00 if I just turn over my Cubs to you and also cash that check and send half back to you???? Darn.......

BTW Dave, just for the record, it's Neopre<u>n</u>e ....
bash.gif

Well after two snow storms and 30 something inches of snow, I finally have the driveway and path to the barn open.

When I went to start up the 147 with the QA42 snowthrower all I hear is a clicking under the dash. Yep it was the solenoid. Luckily I had a spare on hand (robbed from my 147 parts/restore project). If I keep robbing parts off it there won't be anything left to restore.
lol.gif

In the past the QA42 blocked for me quite a bit. After reading some recommendations on this forum, I painted the inside of the housing and chute with slip plate. I still had some blockage. So I added another coat of slip plate and adjusted the govenor to run wide open (something I had planned to do but just never got around to it).

Worked well for me once I got the technique down on adjusting ground speed to amount of snow through the chute. Hydros are definitely an advantage when it comes to single stage throwers in deep snow.

One other thing. Turf tires on the front are a pain to steer in snow. I'll be looking for some ribbed tires on the front before the next snow storm. Oh and a cab would be nice!
proud.gif

A few pics

Nasty weather

185514.jpg

Thrower in action

185515.jpg

Break time

185516.jpg

KENDELL - No, sorry, But if the bank will cash the check I'll take a Million Bucks and You can keep your CC's.

Ran a search on my anti-virus program yesterday and it didn't find much which kinda makes Me think it was someone who hacked into my e-mail. Also deleting all my "Sent" messages kinda confirms that to me also.

Bruce:
Good observation on ground speed control when using a single stage thrower..I've found that my QA42a will plug up in heavier snow if I don't go FAST enough to keep the snow moving through it. And..., it'll plug also if it gets too much snow in, too fast. (Of course, this is all academic for me right now... it's pushing 55 and bright and sunny where we are right now..)
clappy.gif

Dave B-
Yes, I've used it as a replacement rear cover gasket. It works well, you just have to make sure you don't over-torque it or it will distort. It's nice because it's reusable.

Denny-
I got your email too. I did kind of snicker when I saw that the computer sent it directly to "junk mail".
happy.gif

Brad-
Nice tires... What brand are the AGs?

Brad - Looks like the bearing locking collar hit the spring. The bearing was either in the wrong location on the crank or the collar came off the bearing. That all I can think would cause it.

Roger- The Q throwers were made by IH CC and the H throwers were made by Haban for IH, both are considered OEM products. I own one of each QA-36A and H-48. Overall I like the H series better, mainly because of the drive train has more “off the shelf” parts in it. The Q chain tensioning is good, but specialized and expensive to replace. The H gear box is more durable for heavy loads because of its design. The Q gear box is not weak by any means, just not the same design as the H. Haban is out of business, so no OEM parts are available for the H series and the Q series is getting there. If you had to do a complete rebuild on each one, the H would be less costly due to being simpler (less parts) and more common parts. The H auger is easier to rebuild over all than some Q’s. The QA-xxA series has a welded drive sprocket, hard to remove/replace, same goes for the auger bearing shafts.

JMO

Jim

Bruce,

I have a 127 or 149 with a QA-36a and I have noticed too much weight in the rear makes steering usless when the thrower is down. The weight you have is good for pushing with a blade, but might be too much for use with a thrower. When I have more than 100-150# of rear weight, the steering starts to get poor, less weight on front tires reduces grip.

Yes front tires with less flotation will help, but they need to be in good contact with the ground.

Jim

Back