Archive through February 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
dang

185479.jpg

Thanks Kraig
beerchug.gif

Dave, feel free to use the
rtfm2.gif

I hang out in Corvette Forum Off Topic, I have real thick skin ( and a fire suit too )

I tried putting "QA-42" in the cub cadet parts look up link above but I did not get the diagram. Obviously I did something wrong.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Do I need a different part number/description? Or did I start at the incorrect spot?

Thanks for the diagram

Jeff

Back in December I lost 2nd and 3rd gear on my 108 and it was suggested I look at the shift forks. I dont have a heated space so I havent done a thing with it since. Last week I was able to plow the whole driveway and all gears worked until I got it back in the garage, then I lost everything including reverse and first. There is a spot in the clutch pedal range where it almost, but not quite engages and moves.

I'm wondering (hoping maybe) if this could be just the clutch instead, although I know thats no joy to replace either. How can I tell without disassembling everything? I can put things back together that I take apart but I'm terrible at diagnosing things on my own...

185483.jpg

Bought a rear cover gasket and was wondering what the extra hole circled in red is for? Were these gaskets used for other IH equipment too?

Thanks Kraig

I guess it's time for that computer saying "garbage in, garbage out"
biggrin.gif

Amazing what a difference the removal of the dash made.

Wayne Steffens

I would say your shifter need s cup repair. The shifter will do funny things when the weld brekes. like the shifter fallinfg sideways and hitting your leg. btdt. later Don T

the 102 was the only model to have the rubber seat correct?

Charlie-
Where did you get that sign from? I assume it's a repro? It looks smaller than an original sign.

Me likey!
beer2.gif

Matt-
Correct!
thumbsup.gif

Wayne S its not that much work in the unheated space to check the forks and shift cup, If I remember correctly you pull the fender and seat portion 8 bolts for feet rest and 4 bolts by battery and there it is 4 bolts and the shifter comes out and you will most likely find bent forks or broken cup.

When the blade is on my 149, the brackets for the mower deck hit the top of the blade subframe when lowered. Is this normal or should the blade subframe on the right side of the tractor be connected to the foot rest bar on the outside of the frame.

Wayne S.-

That sounds more like a sheared spirol pin at the input shaft of the trans rather than something internal. Check that first.

ok ive got a problem, i was plowing with the 71 and lately the clutch has been slipping but only under a big load in 3rd gear... today on the last pass when i hit the pile it started to spin as usual so i pushed the clutch and threw it in reverse... i let the clutch out and nothing... didnt move. so i towed it back to the garage and gave it a look over, nothings broken that i can see, and now while its running i can put it in gear let the clutch out and it wont move, when i press the clutch i get about half way down and it takes off like nothings wrong but then again when i press all the way down it stops... in other words im confused?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank yes I found it in that condition it looks
roughfer in person. Your going to have a heart
atack when I tell you I got it for $200 it did
not come with any atachments. Im going to have
to rebuild the clutch it works but not well it
jerks ferociously when you let off. I am the 4th
owner a guy got it from the original owner in
chicago then sold it to the guy I got it from.

Charlie, thanks for the blade manual you dont by any chance have the 122 service manual pdf do you
if you do could you post it.

Latest posts

Back