• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question on a 70 taillight:
When I mount my taillight on my 70, do I use the same bolt that the spring assist is mounted with? Also, there is a small hole close by in the frame. I'm guessing thats where the wire runs, and if so was there a rubber grommet in the hole to protect the wire?
Ken,
Hope my 70 comes out as nice as your original some day, beautiful job!

PSA,
That would be a Public Service Announcement for Grumps in Kentucky!

Email viruses that your getting that appear to be coming from ihcubcadet.com ARE NOT coming from ihcubcadet.com.

The virus attaches itself to infected computers address book and proceeds to use ihcubcadet.com as a disguise sender.

SOOO!!!!!, Everyone needs to take some time and GET a virus protection program. If your to tight to buy one, there's many free one's out there that are better than nothing. I did finally get the goofball in S.D. to do something, sigh!

Kent, very nice work!!! Please keep the updates coming.

Dean, does the hour meter look like this one from Hydro Harry's 169?
15865.jpg

Dan, does your 70 have fenders?

Dan,
Yes. Yes. Yes.
It does mount there. The wire does go thru the little hole and there is supposed to be a rubber grommet.

Kent(with the roundy fender tractors;-) A very nice looking tractor you have there! I noticed that extra attention was paid to make those "roundies" really shine!!
Wyatt,I imagine by now you have "located" the fine-spline setup you wanted?
>Digger>>with that "handle" you'd be a natural GT puller!!!! Just think of all the moveable weight you could utilize with that bony little butt on the seat!!! I am not that lucky,I was born with a supa-sized one!!

To all: After seeing Tedd's new 582 project above,tell us which style of x82 do you honestly prefer;the RED ones or the Yeller and White x82's????
That should get some responses. Maybe not a gear/hydro debate but I am curious to see the final tally.

I heard the suggestion to run a magnetic block heater for cold starts. do I put it on the motor or are we tring to warm the hydro fluid ? I have ordered the kirk point saver are there any other secrets to cold starting.

Thanks

Paul-
Warm the hydro, but I'll say that my 169 starts pretty good on it's own sitting out even in sub-zero temperatures. My battery's about 2 years old, so a couple days worth, it might not start easy.

Jim-
Located? Yeah! I was about to resort to "borrowing" parts from a family member's 682 while I offered to do a "pre-spring service" at no charge. I had parts from a 107 to do it too
happy.gif

Ken,
Thanks for the info.
Kraig,
Yes I have fenders, does that change things?

One more question,
Does anyone know if the center to center spacing on 70 headlights is the same as on a 71?

Dan, no was just curious. Here's what it should look like once mounted.
15868.jpg

OK, now that we've determined that Dean has the hour meter as pictured below, does anyone know for sure how to read one?

Kraig -

Sure! You open your operator's manual to page 20 and...
lol.gif

IH Hourmeter reading 101.....Red dial & pointer indicates hours from 0-60.

Yellow dial & pointer indicates total machine hours. The yellow reads upto 600 hours then it "rolls over" to zero and starts over.

The tiny white pointer (when moving) indicates the meter is working.

Jim-
I prefer the yeller ones...
15871.jpg

Bryan-
After knowing you for almost 4 years, I'm beginning to detect a theme....
roflol.gif

Jim-
RED . . . . wouldn't a 5488 would look funny in yellow & white?

Hey Art here's what you need! Even this is a toy compared to what's out there. I gotta hand it to you, I wouldn't have the
poof.gif
to post that picture.... ;o)
15873.jpg

Art, if I didn't know better I'd think that photo was from a brochure!

Bryan, there's no hour meter info on page 20 in the 1x8/9 manual that I have! I checked, I couldn't find any info the manual I have or I'd have posted it. I will state that the manual I have doesn't cover the 169, I checked the Quiet Line manual that I have and it doesn't tell how to read that style of hour meter so I didn't post it. I'll post it now (BTW, it wasn't on page 20 either):

15875.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on February 16, 2004)

Kraig -

Since he asked about a 1250, I looked in my QL Owner's Manual...
15877.jpg

1 084 540 R5 10-78 (3-79) - that is, a manual currently available from sponsors
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back