• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross,

You need to put spacer washers at the back of the grill casting. This is a trial and error ajustment till it looks right and clears the streering wheel.

The belt routing is in the manual that can be ordered from Binder Books at the top of the page. It goes around the PTO pulley and then bends 90 deg. to the back via the "Mule drive" pullies to the deck. There should be a bolt that goes from one of the mule drive pullies to the mule drive bracket to ajust belt tention. If the belt is too big and worn, you may have to replace the belt. Again, one of the sponcers at the top of the page can help you.

Here is what you can do with a sponsor...
15834.jpg

Tedd- is that a 682 from the CCC on your trailer???

Charlie- did ya have to rob one of the neighbors???LOL

does anyone know the torque spec for the pan gasket on a 1450??? I'm thinking around 30 ftlbs by looking at the IH torque spec sheet I have.

Here is a tail light that is mounted per the light instruction sheet. The light instructions does not take in to account of an Original with fenders.
15839.jpg

15840.jpg

Most tail lights on tractors with fendes got munted on the fender bolt like mine which I think was started by dealers installing lights. With this setup the drain hole in the light is on the bottom.
15841.jpg

Kent S. -

What Mr. DeTurck said!

The taillight on my Original is installed exactly where the dealer put it 42 years ago.

OK, Thanks William & Bryan! I'm sure I'll figure something out. It's the fenders that screw it up huh?
Thanks again guys.

Kent S. & Bryan; I agree with Bryan that the dealers did install the tail light on the fender bolt but if you have an Original without fenders the light instruction sheet states that the light mounts on the left rear spring bolt. I scanned this off of an original light instructions.
15843.jpg

and this is how the bracket gets modified from the instructions.
15844.jpg

The fellow who installed the pictured light was following the instructions and turned his seat spring to accommodate using that bolt.
I don't know if the dealers ever got a shop bulletin on the installation with fenders. The point I am making is that an Original with out fenders will have the tail light in that location.

Ross-
If you take off the grille casting from the frame, chances are you'll find that the horizintal component of the front of the frame channel is bent up. With a straightedge and a hammer or large crescent wrench they can be made right again.

Mostly this happens because of the Cub Cadet's iron front end, it gets used as a battering ram, or in mowing, folks drive the front end into a bush until it hits something solid, been there done that, got the HyTran-stained t-shirt.

Hugh,

Close, it is a 582 with out engine or correct rear. It is my next project. The tractor plus the frame and add the super steer axle and you have one wild ride....

Stay tuned more to come in a few weeks.
wink.gif

Since we're talking Original and Fenders, have you guys ever seen a "Installing Instructions" for the the Original??

My Neighbor and I spent the day yesterday at the Arizona Early Day Gas engine & tractor Show here in the Phoenix area. Lots of small antique engines, more tractors than you could see in a day, Parade, Tractor Pull, Plowing, Thrashing demonstration and lots of different displays.

A nice 109 with hydraulic lift, not too common.

15848.jpg

One of the nicest Farmall Cubs I have ever seen owned by a local Lady.

15849.jpg

A beautiful Super M on the Pull.

15850.jpg

And to get you excited about plowing here is one of a Rumley Oilpull blowing some smoke with a 5 bottom plow.

15851.jpg

A few days ago I requested some information about a hydraulic lift assembly and received some good advice from several of you. I bought it although it had a clevis assembly that had a botched weld repair.
I have sent emails to all the sponsers trying to locate a "Narrow Frame Hydraulic Cylinder End Clevis Assembly".
Once again any help will be appreciated.

Bill

Kent-
Was your seat in that nice of shape or did you fix it. Very nice work.

Kent-
Nice job! That deck in the background looks to be in GREAT shape. Was the entire tractor that nice?

Thanks guys,
Yes that is the way the seat was. It had a pad on it when I bought it. I think the tractor was always kept inside. The deck has a small hole in it that I'll have to fix.

Hey guy's...I just bought a 1250 and I am not sure how to read the Hour meter.There appears to be red and white needle. Can someone "TEACH" me what I am looking at???
Thanks, Dean

Back