• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The next step would be to disconnect the driveshaft and verify it is the engine that is not turning and not the transmission. If the engine itself still doesn't turn, you're going to have to tear it down and figure out what happened.

I suppose there are other possibilities, but I don't think a seized PTO clutch bearing would get it stuck so bad you couldn't turn it with a pipe wrench, and I think the pump side of the hydro seizing is also extremely unlikely."

Good thinking. How about the fact that I towed it backward (Probably should have propped something in the hydro release to keep it released, but I didn't) and the hydro release was not released? Would that have spun the engine or trans backward and harmed something?

If it did, it probably would have only hurt the motor side of the hydro unit, and the input shaft would still turn, and if the motor side of it is destroyed, it will probably lock up the final drive such that the wheels will only spin through the spider gears. Further towing or trying to move it at that point would result in the back wheels spinning opposite directions.

If it died idling and the starter couldn't turn it over immediately afterwards, there is a 99.9% chance it is NOT the transmission. I have never, ever heard of a hydro transmission coming apart while the engine is sitting there idling.

"If it did, it probably would have only hurt the motor side of the hydro unit, and the input shaft would still turn, and if the motor side of it is destroyed, it will probably lock up the final drive such that the wheels will only spin through the spider gears. Further towing or trying to move it at that point would result in the back wheels spinning opposite directions.

If it died idling and the starter couldn't turn it over immediately afterwards, there is a 99.9% chance it is NOT the transmission. I have never, ever heard of a hydro transmission coming apart while the engine is sitting there idling."

Trans: Yup, same here, they're pretty tough.

Weird though about the engine. In these 42 years I don't think it's ever just quit at idle before. A rubber piece of an engine mount fell out in early summer. My first clue that the mounts were shot
happy.gif
Ended up removing the engine and replacing the 4 mounts. And welded a half inch crack in the frame that I found while prepping it for paint.

Also installed all these from sponsor David Kirk: the electronic ignition, ignition/spark plug wire, muffler crutch, new side cover knobs, stainless foot tread screws, strip for the edge of the hood, magnetic drain plug, Heavy Duty tie rod ends and a Super Steer kit.

The old girl deserved all that. I just hope I can git er goin' again.

Got an issue w/the 149 S/G belt.
Went to install it today and it seems to short. Belt is a CNH part #9845513 from Charlie last fall and, according to the belt chart on this site, it's supposedly a cross over # for the original IH number.

The S/G lays tight against the blower housing as if the belt is too short or one of the pulleys is too large. I can get the belt on but the S/G has to be lying tight against the housing and when the belt is on there is virtually no slack for adjustment to get it away from the housing.

Hopefully this isn’t a dumb FAQ question...what length bolts do You fellas recommend when attaching the tiller right angle bracket to the rear diff on my 149.i used the bolts the p/o used to reattach the rear cover for a previous servicing and that seems to have caused my diff to leak hytran,also it seems that the rear cover is warped at the bottom end I straightened it at work today in a bench vice, would there be any problem in using one solid piece of felpro gasket paper instead of the open perimeter gasket or would rtv be the better choice seeing as how the cover may not be perfectly flat now

David S.
I had that happen one other time. The guy had a large pulley on the S/G and the belt was a little to short, because he had the old style S/G front bracket that angles the other way from some on WF's. I meant to research that and slap forgot.
Hopefully someone will chime in quicker than I'll find out myself, LOL

Hey guys. This might be a silly question so forgive me if it is. What is the correct Trans filter for my 127? Ive read the manual and it states the trans fluid but doesnt mention anything about which filter to use...

Back