• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Marlin,

Glad to see your post also.
wave.gif

Is that Power Pup a member of the Power King family?

Earl,

Glad you are OK.(mostly)
I don't know what to recommend about keeping someone from hitting you.
I can say a .357 or .38+P may keep them from running away!
err.gif

That is what I pretty much always carry.
thumbsup.gif

Kraig,

Are you saying 98' was the year this forum started?
I have been here almost 9 years. Wow!, how time flies!

Brian really? I must have met you at some point but can't recall now. I believe the gentleman from Woodstock is Paul T. Posted an engine for sale last year. I know the 149 you mentioned, another friend bought and sold it. I love this little 100, always wanted either a 70/100. Missed out on plenty until I got Tom's. Having multiple units let's me leave things setup which helps Justify having more than one. Except for dad's 1450, he has no want to use a gear drive and manual lift, when he gets to choose from my collection... He's very used to it and enjoys mowing and pushing snow. I had a regular snow blower for him, but he prefers riding (go figure!)

Marty, yep 1998 was the start to the forum. Some current members started posting way back then. Plenty of others have come and gone. Hydro Harry is probably the longest lasting original member, though he did disappear for a year or so. Tom Hoffman was another early member but he retired a year or two ago and hasn't posted recently. My first post was some time in the late summer or early fall of 1998.
old.gif

I was a member in 1998 and remember the "conversion" to the new format that took place that year. It definately has grown a lot over the years!!!!

Kraig, Go to the old archives "BGC" to 3/18/98 post #55 and read Bob's reply to Ralph Olbon,end of first paragraph.Hydro hit the ground running 5/8/98 with a series of post including the first Great Oil Debate
happy.gif

"Join us for live chat online. Saturday night 8:00 PM CST"

The forum has come a long way...

Ethan, Did you use a fake ID to get into the Garage?

1998 I had owned my 127 17 years, found this site and learned it was OK to have more than one.
dizzy.gif

Earl F.,

Very sorry to learn of the accident. Glad you are not seriously hurt. Here is a back-up light I made many years ago for my 1250 that attaches to the booster spring holes in the frame. It is wired so it turns on with the headlights. Provides great visibility for backing up plus easily seen by oncoming traffic.

319433.jpg

319434.jpg

Jim C., I'm pretty sure that Bob was referring to his website (no longer online unless Charlie archived it...) not the forum in that post. BTW, I think I'm the one that saved the old forum post.
happy.gif

Edit: The page that the Original hood decal/logo button above links to might be Bob's old website.
dunno.gif

Jim C., Thank you for the heads up!
thumbsup.gif
I more than likely would have missed it.
blush.gif

Here's my first post, as would be expected I was talking about model 125s...
happy.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Kraig McConaughey - 05:56pm Nov 12, 1998 EST (#1075 of 1112)
Great site! I haven’t read all the past postings yet, but I haven’t see any mention of the Cub 125 in the posts I have read. Were there not a lot of them built? I have two (one has a sweeper and soft cab, the other has a mower and blower)and think they are great tractors. Just bought a 102 with a mower. I was wondering which of the two has more collector value, 102 or 125? I would like to swap the best parts to one of the 125s. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Slant Tongue.gif

Jim c LOL no I didn’t I’m thirty eight now 1998 was a long time ago,all of my cubs are older than I am buy a bit lol.

Hi all! I haven't posted here since about 2001. Used to post as JT8D then. Moved on to other interests but still have my 1650 that my Dad purchased new in 1975 and which he gave me in the late 90's after it had been through a fire. I did a working restoration on it then and have done so about every 8 years since. Installed a bunch of upgrade parts from sponsor David Kirk this past summer.

Anyway, having issues with it since the weekend. Blew snow with it on Friday and all was well. Afterward, I let it idle and then cleared all the snow off that had landed on the Cub and blower. Then the engine just quit as it idled. Tried to restart it: It would just click as I turned the key but would not turn the engine over. Finally ended up pulling it backward into the garage. Hooked up the my green tractor (Pardon the language) to it in the garage (where there was traction) and tied a long rope to it and kept pulling it, shortening the rope and pulling it in. The hydro release lever moves very freely so when you release pressure then let go then the release titties pop back up so it's not released anymore. Didn't want my wife to sit on it and hold the lever/release because of the extra weight (Light though she is). It was slippery out so it just skidded backward as I pulled it into the garage.

So, diagnosed. Ran a jumper cable from batt (New last month) directly to starter: Same, just click and not enough oomph to turn engine. Removed starter and disassembled it: Full of crud, etc. ~Completely~ cleaned it out. Saw 1 of 4 brushes seemed to be stuck in it's holder: took it out and freed it up nicely, thought that was prolly the issue (It wasn't). Reassembled the starter. Tried it again and not enough oomph to turn it over. Took starter out and powered it and it spins nicely with no load. And no strange noises from it.

So, wondered if the engine would turn by hand. Normally I can turn that drive shaft by hand a bit until the engine reaches compression. It wouldn't turn. Put a pipe wrench on it and it is locked absolutely solid in both directions. Pushed down on the hydro release as I tried to turn the shaft with the wrench and the engine is still locked solid. So, sounds like something in the engine is holding it.

Any thoughts?

Matt G.

Boy, that got my attention. I almost always check the oil before start and I had this last time, also. But not afterward. So just checked it and oil is topped off to the top mark.

The next step would be to disconnect the driveshaft and verify it is the engine that is not turning and not the transmission. If the engine itself still doesn't turn, you're going to have to tear it down and figure out what happened.

I suppose there are other possibilities, but I don't think a seized PTO clutch bearing would get it stuck so bad you couldn't turn it with a pipe wrench, and I think the pump side of the hydro seizing is also extremely unlikely.

Latest posts

Back