Archive through February 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Son & I cleaned the snow out of the front yard Sat. AM to make room for more snow this week. Between the Super H and Dad's old '51 M We moved some SERIOUS snow Sat. AM. Both tractors weigh within 500-600 of the same weight, 7500-8000# each and they would shove into 8 ft wide piles of snow and put them ANYWHERE We wanted....even thru 2-3 ft deep snow.

We're going to break the all-time record for snowiest winter EVER around Madison WI today. Record is 75+ inches and We're 6/10ths of an inch short of the record with 4-6" predicted for tonight. BRING IT ON! We're ready!
Shift.gif
ihrotate.gif

Dennis - You're just GREEDY !
biggrin.gif

We've not had measureable snow in three years
sad.gif

JohnD - Yup
79318.jpg

Todd H., looking good!
thumbsup.gif

Donnie H., Good question, Marlin has a good point about the snow conditions. I've never noticed a traction difference year to year I have noticed when I hit some ice under the snow. I don't know if tire pressure makes that much difference when you have chains on. All you can do is experiment and see if you can notice a difference.

Jerry B., is this the photo you are referring to?

79320.jpg

Yes tire air pressure will make a diff even with chains. Less air = wider/flatter foot print. Wider is better to a point then you have to much of contact area which gives less PSI on the contact surface, in other words it'd be like taking weight off.

Kraig - Wasn't that pic the "Mars" shot ...

DING DING DING Times up on my Mind Twister question saturday ... with NO winner !

I need to get one of these for the saftey factor
79330.gif

Because of the Flash Point
79331.jpg

So I can do this
79332.jpg

Then I'll have a HEATED Parts Washer
biggrin.gif

Great job Kraig! Did some looking and didn't find it. You must look through them a lot more than some of us. Great picture but that blade would have a lot more wear
construction.gif

KENtucky, could be.
dunno.gif
I think it was Ranger Buck that posted it, I remembered the photo just not the details. I'm starting to get like you:
old.gif
BTW, I like my answer to the magnet heater better...

Jerry B., who could forget a classic photo like that one. I knew right where it was.
happy.gif

Great information! Thanks guys for the pictures and confirmation of the hydro ports. That's exactly what I was looking for. Right now I'm trying to get a usable float lock button off a damaged lift handle. Does anyone know how to remove the float lock button without damaging it? What about installation of a new button, how is that done without damaging the new one? I know they are pressed in at the factory, but I don't have the jigs they used, nor the press. Is there another way?

Thanks,

John-David Reaves

Latest posts

Back