• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell I,
Interesting observation on the wear button, it might explain why many buttons lasted so long with a careful previous owners.

I have always engaged the pto at low rpm to help the belts, but now will also idle down at least some before disengaging. Normally at the end of mowing it's WOT to the house.

Dave

Some other things that prolong the life of those wear buttons.

1 When installing a new button be sure the hole on the release arm is in good shape. The button should bottom out completely. A lot of times this hole gets damaged when the old button breaks off.
2 Be sure the release arm is centered with the button on the clutch. I have had to make small wood shims that fit on each end of the release arm shaft to center it up until it takes a set.
3 Be sure the clutch center button is smooth and was not damaged when the old button broke off. You only have a matter of minutes after the old button is gone to realize what has happened.

If you take these precautions when setting up a new button to clutch there is no reason it won't last the life of the clutch.

One of my other hobbies is collecting and restoring air-cooled Lauson engines. Here is one that I just finished - a model P-25, 6.25 HP, and around 18 cubic inch displacement. Has an external Wico mag, ball bearing crankshaft, oil pump for lubrication, and with a cast-iron block, weighs a hefty 85 pounds.

I would really like to find a Cub original to restore and put this engine in. It would make for an interesting combination. I think performance would be similar to the Kohler K181.

Incidentally, the color is Lauson green...might look interesting in a yellow and white tractor.

51446.jpg

51447.jpg

The weatherman around this part of Wisconsin is finnally talking snow again. It's only a 30 percent chance but its better than nothing. Atleast I'll have a chance to get "Deere Hunter"
devil1.gif
out and work it a little bit. I sure get some strange looks from passers-by, running a 1250/qa-42a combo down the sidewalk here in town.

My ball joint on the right side of my 149 did that too, but some bailing wire, and about 2 minutes, it was back to grading dirt in my back yard.
I <u>SHOULD</u> have some more hood pics with it installed on the tractor. have to finish and mount my aluminum hood bracket that holds the nose piece to the hood.

DKirk,

Those old "T" engines were great! You did an execelent job with that one.

I saw a international cub lo-boy yesterday in my freinds neighborhood, and then it hit me, the 1X7 series look loke a mini cub lo-boy. I guess I'm slow, or it was done that way on purpose I dunno
dunno.gif

SNOW SWEEEET!!!

D Kirk, it looks like you did a great job on that Lauson! That seems like a cool hobby too. I often tell my wife that I will, one day, perform a full restoration on the 100. She sighs and rolls her eyes. Then I remind her that this "hobby" is way cheaper than collecting and restoring, say, classic GTOs or the like.
In addition to restoring my 100, I would also like to build a "contemporary 100". Take the carcass of a 100 and put the best new engine in it, a re-designed bell-housing based enclosed clutch system, etc..
First I have to build a shop though.

Jeff - what your map doesn't tell ya is that I'm in for 2 days of flooding rain and freezing rain / snow ! Oh BTW ... stupid lame video! I use to bust 2 stacked bricks with my hand and I still punch steel doors and concrete walls and there's a Hospital that can swear by the 2" solid wood door I busted when my mom died last April. If you have to link videos at least give us something worth clicking on!

Glen - I think the 122's look more like Lo Boys.

Anyone ever replace the flighting on a QA42 snow thrower? Mine is getting thin and I am looking for options. I have the capability to remove the original flighting and wire weld on new, but have not been able to locate replacement stuff. Interested in your experiance. Jeff

Hi guys! I went to an auction here yesterday and saw a 1650 sell plus some attachments.
Here's what the stuff sold for in case you are interested.
1650 & mower deck with hydraullic lift.- $550 - serveral bidders.
SN on the tractor was 2050670U597435*
It was missing the engine side panels and they couldn't get it started with the 30 wt. oil in the crankcase, but said they drove it cown from the heated garage that morning.
A guy from Chelsea, Iowa bought it for the lift and is fixing his son up a plowing tractor. He tells me they have a plow day down there! Guess I'll have to check that out. He said he will bring me some flyers for the next one.

Brinley 12" shinny moldboard plow good original white with nice sticker and coulter $220 same guy bought it.

I bought the complete and nice INTERNATIONAL MODEL 42 ? Rotor Tiller with both extensions & good barely used tines. Even came with the gear box, LIFT LINKAGE, MOUNTING BRACKETS & belt! It was just recently removed from the 1650. SERIAL NO. 3130283U13673

I'd show you some photos I took of these things that sold, but my main computer is in the repair shop and I have no way to download them from my camera here today.

Jim L.
Man, I don't have any closeups of it mounted, nor have I ever seen any mounting instructions/manuals showing it either.
Maybe someone else has something.
I do know that if you email Jenkins, they would prolly send ya some. That's what I've heard anyway.
http://www.sweepster.com/

BTW, I had a great visit with you guys yesterday too. All I can say is, I'm really glad there where no video cameras around,LOL

Charlie - While you had ALL that help there why didn't you get them to clear a path out so Earl doesn't have to take his chain saw ?

Well it's kinda like this, LOL

I'm right arm challanged, Jim's leg dang near fell off, but we got it wired back on! And the other Charlie was a heart patient!
3 goofs out there tryin to drag a Sweepster 40 feet to the trailer. Kinda reminds ya of 3 monkeys after one football! BUT, we got it done.
biggrin.gif

Jeff Brubaker, nice weather map
51465.gif

I just stumbled onto a great way to put on the tire chains. I put my floor jack under the rear and lifted the back tires off the ground.

This allowed me to rotate the tires as I fitted the chains.

In 5 minutes I had both sides done.

This worked so well I wanted to share it with you.
beerchug.gif

wave.gif
Jeff

Back