• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff B.
You just as well wait now. Winter is about over.
biggrin.gif

I guess I'm odd by gettin things ready in september, LOL

charlie: what u talking about! winters just here for us in PA. This will be first real snow for us lol

Glen,

I really really like what you have done. You did a very good job! I like how you ran the muffler up through the hood. I dont know if i would personaly do the butterfly hood thing but its mos def unique

and did someone touch your camera lense? it looks smuged

Glen - Don't look to bad BUT clean the finger smudge off the lens.

Jeff - Like a ROCK!

Charlie - You wont let it heal will ya!! I guess you three had paramedics standing by didn't you ...

Glen,
The 154 Lo-Boy is very similar to the 1x6/7 series in the same way the car companies make their compact vehicles similar in design to the big boys. Take a look at the early '60s Chevy IIs and compare them to the Impalas of the same era. For something a bit more recent, compare the looks of the late '80s Ford Rangers against their F-Series from that time frame.

Mechanically, the Lo-Boys were very similar to the old Farmall Cubs, sharing most of the engine and driveline components with them. They had some PTO issues, and horsepower-wise the 154 had less power than a 169 Cub Cadet. They were pretty good field mowers, but not great pullers.

Compared to Cubs, they didn't build that many of the Lo-boys, so getting parts could be pretty expensive and problematic.

A bit more on-topic, I got some stainless steel setscrews for my PTO. I couldn't find them in cone points, so I skewered the longer ones on my T-handle and twirled them on my grinder to make the tips conical.

Jeff B.- Henry has me in the " red zone " 12 plus inches / blizzard conditions. The guessers around here are calling for a "potential storm on wed. I gassed up the 124, put air in the tires, and fixed the lights this afternoon - maybe I should think about digging out the 127 with the thrower on it.

Just saw the new forecast - heavy snow with high winds on Wed.( where have I heard that before? )

Thanks all,
Leave it to my sisters to screw up my pics... dirty little fingers. I'll take smore tomorrow when I can get it runnin. I need a new plug, and some windex to clean the lens.

Jeez, they're saying we're gonna get 3-5" tonight. Better get the weights and chains on the 1450...
happy.gif

Back