• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 08, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandrews

displayname
Paul W Andrews
I have had starting issues on my 149's up north I found Interstate Workaholic batteries work the best, and mobil one in the engine. Also the Dave Kirk points saver with the bosch blue coil is best, Used the block heater but never had much luck with it.

Scott N I am not concerned as I have a gravel drive.
I did leave my tiller on my 149 snow thrower, I just chained it up

]
220983.jpg

ok, in my troubleshooting of the 125, i took out battery again and the pos. wire came right out of the lug. so rebuild harness then move on from there.

old.gif

Talking about batteries and starting problems,
thought I'd mention these battery maintainers.
One of the guys installed them on most equipment at work that sets for more than a day or so.
Knock on wood, we haven't had a dead battery so far this winter. I set up my shop with multiple outlets with this very thing in mind, but haven't bought any yet. I see that big tool store has them on sale until FEBRUARY 27th for $4.99.
ROD
220985.jpg

rod, i am going to just rewire it and go from there. i put the 62 in the shed because i was robbing parts from it to troubleshoot and i am not going to do that. she starts in 1 crank so leaving her alone

Richard W - Along with keeping your QA42 belt tensioner snug, make sure you PTO pulley and the drive pulley on the thrower line up as perfectly as possible. Otherwise they'll chew up a new belt in no time. (Don't ask me how I know!)

Rod,
Without diging in my stuff I'd say it's for a original 'cause there is no model listed.

Tom,
TC-82 was for the Original, and TC-103 was for the 70/100

old.gif

THANKS,TOM,PAUL & CHARLIE,
Found one for sale.
Was what I was hoping to here!
ROD

old.gif

CHARLIE,
Ya, I know.
I've ordered stuff from BINDER BOOKS, and they have treated me well. I guess it's the idea of it being original. Goes along with some of the odds and ends I have.
But found out it sold anyway.
Thanks,
ROD

I have this one in the 'Blue' binder and two price lists dated 10-19-1992 & 6-1-1994

221012.jpg

KennyP

RODNEY - An old original manual is better than NO manual, but any time you have something as complex as a parts manual for many different models of tractors with ALL the possible variations of attachments, MISTAKES will creep into the manual.

Having dealt with Harvester Press years ago getting owner's manuals & parts books for FARMALL, I also got later versions of parts books frequently. Think I could get 2-3 per MONTH just by calling and asking for them if they were in stock. I could BUY anything I wanted and also went that route several times for my growing fleet of IH equipment, getting parts & service manuals.

Right in the very front of the newer reprints of parts books were MANY pages of "CORRECTIONS" stating page, item listed, and the correction. I always updated the incorrect items in all my new parts books so I didn't have to check the correction pages.

But with the parts look-up above showing all the new MTD part numbers when you actually go to a dealer or talk to Charlie or one of our other sponsors about parts you should always try to use the latest part number available. LOTS and lots of parts have unfortunately been deemed NLA but alternatives are available. I'd say parts are easier to get NOW than they were 20 yrs ago.

Paul A., just curious if you are placing the "block heater" on the transmission or somewhere else? For a Cub Cadet hydro the best place for a block heater, magnetic style that is, is to place it on the bottom of the differential to warm up the hy-tran:

221016.jpg

Latest posts

Back