• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Looks as if the snow gods are at it again.

Only a inch of light fluffy snow predicted, aint hardly worth fireing up any of the cubs to move it off the driveway.
The wind they are predicting for tomorrow will take care if it.

Charlie,.. I bought one of those blades from member David Reinhardt,but it didn't have the small plates attached to the back of the blade.Do you know the purpose and availability?Thanks,Bob.B.
clappy.gif

Charlie: Wow! That's the way I wanted it to look! Thankx (for whatever you did), I ain't askin'!
Cubbers Without Borders
wave.gif

Bobby B.
Those wings are to help keep what your moving around inside the blade area. That and they help cut while your backing up.

i had talked earlier in the week about some trouble with a hydraulic lift a fella named matt and another one that goes by digger, directed me to the imp. relief spring.
well i took that out today ,,it had no shims.the manual said it needed some??? how many? well in the procces i changed the filter and fluid. that helped a little.
again the hydrostat works fine it just wont lift right,it will lift but very slow and it wont pick up any weight,,in fact if i pull the lever into the lift postion and stand on the snow balde it will go down,
now i havnt changed the relief spring yet because it had to be ordered but the old one looks fine and the seat is ok,should i try shiming it up to put more force on the seat,thanks,jared

Don T, You could degree the engine mounted S/G pulley, find TDC with a dial indicator, then make a pointer. Its just like dialing in a cam with a degree wheel on a V8.

I think the service manual should tell you how many shims to add. I'm surprised it didn't have any shims most likely why your having the lift problem.

After watching my 782 sit outside (
shame.gif
) next to my garage all winter, I finally decided to fire it up after work today. She started right up and I mounted a little box blade/scraper on the back to try to find my driveway under a couple inches of packed snow. I was surprised at how well it cut down to the concrete and saved my back a lot of pain. Of course I'd rather have a front snow blade, or Charlie's big IH rear scraper blade, but you gotta use what ya got! This was the first time I've had a chance to use my tractor for any snow activity and it was a blast - reminiscent of the fun at my first Plow Day last fall! By the time I finished cleaning my driveway and my neighbor's, and dragging the snow 200' down the street to a dead end, I'd been at it for and hour and a half. Of course I wasn't dressed for it, because I really didn't plan to do that much, so I had some very cold ears, fingers, and toes. No matter - it was a great, fun way to start a weekend!
buttrock.gif

Thank you Brian !!! no timeing lights for me a dail indicator is much better, easier. thanks . I will have to get it in tune first then use a dail indicator to check dept defore tdc. the rest will be history in every Cub i own
coffee.gif

Jared - I don't remember what Cub your lift was on (but that doesn't much matter) ... are you sure that your plumbing is correct and that your cylinder isn't about shot ?

Damn ya Lip now I need to go out and dig out my rear brinley blade and get my end drive cleaned up better!!!! Along with the neighbors that I keep cleared in the winter months. I don't know what tractor to mount it to the 582 Queen, 108, 149??? Decissions, decissions, I don't know what to do, maybe I'll just fire up the 582M with the front blade and call it good or the 1864 with the 451.

Hugh - I don't mean to be insensitive, but I have no sympathy for you not being able to decide which tractor to use; I only have the one! (So far...)

I was really pleasantly surprised at the great job my rear blade did. After I finished, my bride said, "Tell me why I was out here doing it by hand last week." (Answer: She's too impatient!)

Good luck with your decision making.

Lip,
Well what the heck are ya waitin for? There's tons of tractors out there just waiting for you to take'um home!
biggrin.gif

The rule is!
One tractor for every implement.
clappy.gif

Good morning All.

Charlie P. I already have a 1650 with the necessary equipment for that really sweet looking blade. I can be up next week to pick it up even. Plus I can bring the 1650 so that you can see how it looks in person.
biggrin.gif
Angel has already informed Fancy and me that we don't need one tractor for each attachment. Poor little kitty. He looked so sad. (So did I.)

Jared C. If the implement relief spring manual states that it needs to be shimmed... If it is inside your 15U remember this. Shims are added on an as needed basis to help set the required pressure. Maybe at the time of assembly yours was one of those that didn't require any. although rare it does happen. Now with a new implement relief spring you may need one, two or ???. Don't just add randomly.

Fancy and I are off to try and move some more snow.
bazooka.gif

Before you start changing shims and springs on the hydro you need to put a gauge on it like the manual says so you know what you are doing. You may have the correct pressure and you ram is bad, or your control valve could also be bad.

I just hate to see someone shotgun a problem.

79253.jpg

Jared C,
Did you add hyd lift to a tractor that didn't have it before? It sounds like you may have the wrong spring in the implement relief port. Tractors with Hyd lift have two relief valves with two different springs. The charge pump relief valve spring goes in the side of the pump and sets the pressure at about 200#. The implement relief valve spring goes in the top of the pump and regulates the implement relief pressure at about 500-700#. Like Richard C said below, the best way to test is with a pressure gauge. It sounds like you may have the lighter spring in the implement relief valve.

I bought a ported pump on ebay real cheap one time becuase of that. Someone had the light spring in there and it wouldn't lift anything.

Jared C,

Your charge pump maybe getting weak or there could be a blockage in your lower siphon tube from the transmission. The pump on my #2 782 acted just like yours with the lift cylinder moving very slow when I first bought it but the hydro drive operated fine. Changed Hytran and filter with no help. Gradually got worse and wouldn't even provide enough pressure or oil flow for the hydro to drive the tranny. Finally replaced the entire hydro unit with another used one. I also cleaned the siphon tube with coat hanger wire and rag on the end and found a build-up and blob of gelletin like substance in it from moisture suspended in the Hytran. That might have been my problem all along with it restricting the flow of oil to the charge pump but I already had the other hydro unit installed and didn't want to mess with trouble shooting the old hydro pump anymore.

I even took the charge pump off the old hydro to make sure the drive pin on the rotor hadn't sheared and it was fine. The charge pump compenents looked fine with no scoring or wear that I could see. Hope this helps.

Here's this week-end's mind twister ...

Why would I need this living in southern Kentucky ??
79261.jpg

Back