Archive through February 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kentuck,
I usually find what I'm lookin for right after I go buy one to replace it!
biggrin.gif

Oh well McMaster has'em fer $49 , guess I need one as a SAFTEY factor for my magnetic heater ...

Hey everybody , I was on the phone with Charlie this afternoon and he tried to get me to tell him what the heater was for.

I'm NOT telling until monday !!
biggrin.gif

I've gotten interested in creepers lately. Are all creepers considered equal that they will interchange on any model?

Jim,
All creepers will fit all pre 1981 tractors except for the Original.
Handles will have to be extended or slightly bent from tractor to tractor, but the creeper itself is the same.
Even some of the aluminum later year creepers will fir the older Cubs.

Does anyone have detailed instructions, parts list, and pictures for converting a 169 from manual to hydraulic or electric lift? Am considering conversion and want to know how complex and $$$ this would be?

Thanks,

John-David Reaves, Oxford, AL

Can anyone tell me what models of Cub Cadets came with the internal brake hydrostatic transaxle? I am looking for one and I need to know if there was a rhyme or reason for which models/years had them. I mostly see the external brake units when I do see them. Once I know, then I will know what models to pass on and the ones to look at. Also, does anyone have an opinion on which hydro transaxle year or model Cub is the strongest/toughest or are all the cast iron models pretty much the same? I was not sure if some had a bigger or better Sundstrand pump on them. Thanks.

Also, does anyone have a diagram of how the internal brake is set up in the hydro transaxles? I am curious.

Greg: From Hank Will's Cub Cadet book, Chapter 8: Internal brakes on: 70, 100, 71, 102, 122, 123,72, 104, 105, 124, 125, 73.
Have a great day, everyone!
coffee.gif

I guess the hydros would narrow it down to 123, 105, and 125.
Parts lookup has great diagrams.
bubbly.gif

Cubbers Without Borders

John - Look to see if your pump is ported if not then you'll need all of this.
79269.jpg

If it is ported then omit the pictured pump.

Ken, did those parts come out of a 149. Aren't all 149's hydraulic lift?
John-David, a parts breakdown for the 1x9 and 169 series should show the difference.

Latest posts

Back