• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Glen C., when the engine turns over on a hydro the driveshaft is turning the hydrostatic pump and trying to circulate the cold hy-tran. Heating the differential warms the hy-tran making it easier to turn the hydrostatic pump, thus making it easier to start.

I took my "universal" hitch setup off last weekend, pared down the angles so that there was enough clearance between them to put a block heater on the diff cover (just fits in below the fill plug). I bought two different block heaters from a lady who had just moved to Michigan from Minnesota last summer - she didn't think she'd need them here. One is a 28 watt and the other is a 150 watt. Kraig - Is the block heater you showed a higher wattage?
Charlie - on posting pics - if they're "half width" - 320p or less ("width" not "wit") is it OK to post two of 'em side-by-side?
blush.gif

Kendell, I guess I should have used this photo.
bash.gif

51248.jpg

Kendell,
As long as it doesn't make the page go wide for those that still have small screens to look at! And as long as I don't get hate mail for you doing it. Be my guest.
biggrin.gif

I get enough already, LOL

Thanks, Kraig, I'm gonna move the poor 129 back into the barn tonight (he's been in the heated workshop since last week). By tomorrow, I should be able to give it a test. I've had a problem with the crate K motor ever since I put it in - real cold weather and it wants to roll over just below the compression relief cutout point, but when it fires, it hits full compression on the next stroke and kicks back on the SG.. VERY careful manipulation of choke and throttle is called for..
On picture width, I've always used 640p as the default maximum width when resizing..Any comments on if that, Kraig ? (I don't want Charlie getting extra e-mail)

Kendell, I've been using a max of 700p for width. I have not heard any complaints since I decided on this as my max width.

Tom P. - That 147 looks great. Is that an original seat? And where is all of your snow? - Just kidding, but I do think your post warmed this place up about 20 degrees.
baldguy.gif

Bryan, I was looking through some old photos and came across this one of your QA42A. I forget what the story was on what appears to be a chalk outline of a leg???
dunno.gif
angel.gif

51262.jpg

Charlie and Kraig - Those starting accessories seem precariously close to the fuel tank. Talk about a jump start!

Charlie,
You mean there is something you don't already own!!!
I figured you had at least two of everything stashed back in the barn somewhere just for safe keeping.
bubbly.gif

Shane, he likely does have one or three and just forgot about them!
shhh.gif

Back