• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh there's lots I don't have,LOL
He who dies with the most toys, wins!
Or so I've been told,
biggrin.gif

Kraig/Digger,

When were those electric starters offered for sale - from what I can see in the pics units must of been offered in the mid to late 60s?

Do you guys know if they were only available Over-The-Counter (OTC) or were they optional equipment from the factory?

Nifty gizzmos!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, they were still available in 1981. The add that Charlie posted is from the 1981 Parts and Accessories catalog, the one I posted is from the 1975 catalog.

Looks like someone did a nice job on that one ! Or is that one nos ?

Charlie...nice box! Did you get it from the guy in Louisiana that posted in the classifieds about six months ago? I saw it,e-mailed him and he said I was second on the list.Were you #1?
thumbsup_old.gif

Digger, hows about something like this
51272.jpg

for a door prize?
Yeah I know the guys driving those green tractors probly would not like winning it but you never know it just might be enough to get them to switch from the dark side.

Brendan,
I believe Kraig had that one done a few years back.

Bobby,
It's coming from Oklahoma.
It should have been here a long time ago, but Fed-ex dropped the ball on us.

Lonny,
You betcha and glad to have it too.
THANK YOU.
beerchug.gif

Charlie
Box Blade... I found this one in Sept. Real nice condition but I will have to restore it to be show condition.

51279.jpg

51280.jpg

Tom,
You need to get a wild hair and post some pics of your tractors.
There's a bunch of new guys that would love to see'um.

And for all the new guys!
Tom has already answered all the questions on how he did what he has, so try not to bug him askin again. He's old and crabby, but does great work.
thumbsup_old.gif

Thats a nice lookin cover. I used to work in an upholstry shop. Did mostly boats, custom motorcycle seats, hotrods. I'm lookin to get a machine and get back into it. The only problem is price of good sewing machines, $2500 for what I used.

'Evening All.... Gonna be gone for a few days. We've been put on nine hour days with weekends for awhile. Don't know how long... just until we catch up. So, I'll be starting at 4:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. unless asked to stay and help second shift. So remember in this lovely winter season to let those hydro pumps warm up before using your Cub for winter chore duty. Kraig's heater idea is a fantastic suggestion. Your tractor's engine will warm up a lot faster than the hydro will, Like Kraig said the hydro even when put in the neutral position still is moving oil. You don't start your car up and take off after a couple of minutes in cold weather. Treat your Cub like you would an automatic transmission. Catch ya All later. Happy Cubbing.

thanks for the pics of sweepster, now i just need to find one closer to cetral wisconsin. it sad in snow country i really don't get enough snow for my qa-42.

Back