• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 06, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Updated WITHOUT errors...

302102.jpg

Attachments

• 302102.jpg
    302102.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 135
  • 302102.jpg
    302102.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 128
So Question ??? I have major electrical issues . Charge ind. Rusted ,ignition switch burnt out and old fuse holders brittle and rusted .I'd like to update with new fuse block and relays etc .will I be hated by you all if I do such things .lmao

Al V.
It's your tractor, you do what ever you want to it!
bannana_guitar.gif

Attachments

• bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 125
302105.jpg

Attachments

• 302105.jpg
    302105.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 302105.jpg
    302105.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 153
Hello Everyone I am having a problem with a 1650 cub cadet. The tractor plow blade goes up but slowly creeps down. If their was a leak would I see it? I keep checking all the roll pins I have replaced two just wondering about hydraulic fluid.
Thanks

Ed- Typical for a tractor that is 40 years old. O rings in the valve body or cylinder could have internal leaks. Mine drifts down over time also. So far it hasn't caused me enough problem to warrant tearing anything apart. How fast does it drift down?

Doug the plow goes up and drops within 10 seconds. I have replaced the valve body still no change. I have had roll pins break my stones. Thanks again

Ed C. Sounds as if your implement relief spring is getting weak inside the hydro. You don't have to remove the pump to get at it.

We need to find alot more 169s for Art's data

Marlin remove the implement spring, I changed the valve body itself. Is their a way to check it? Let me know if I'm not thinking straight. Thanks

Guys,question could the piston be leaking and going back into the system?

Ed,

It isn't the relief spring, it is likely a torn seal internal to the cylinder, leaking oil (internally) from one side of the piston to the other.

1650 cylinder isn't serviceable without a cylinder shop and lathe.

Steve
Are all the Pistons the same length and or bolt patterns? I'm guessing it has to be out of a 1650. I really appreciate everyone's help!

Cylinder is the same on all yellow wide frames. XX9 and XX50. Not same on 82 series.

Keepsake 1650 has a slow and I mean slow leak and I know that the seal inside the cylinder is good. Fancy's 1650 has a strong lift and will hold for a long time. Difference between the two Cub Cadets are is the Keepsake did a lot of hydraulic lifting in its lifetime and Fancy's hardly ever used the lift. Keepsake did a lot of plowing and snow removal and Fancy's just mowing lawn. I could try Steve's theory and remove the hydraulic from a parts 1650 that also just mowed lawn and try it out.

No ambition to use the Cubs anymore lately. I can somewhat understand why that otheer member no longer posts anymore.

Ed C. Listen to others. I've spent twelve years learning about hydraulics inside and out.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
All I can say is whenever I post for help I get it. The knowledge found on this site is greatly appreciated!

Marlin,

His blade lifts......if it lifts, then he has lift pressure. Once the hyd valve under the dash is closed, the hydro has nothing to do with the cylinder holding the blade up.....that is 100% on the cylinder seals and the valve.....not the hydro. One of two things are happening, cylinder seal is leaking, OR valve is leaking. Assuming the lift valve lever is allowing the valve to close 100%, then it is the valve or the cylinder. ( original poster, Check, the lever linkage....)!

Another thought, IIRC the control valve has a load check, if it is malfunctioning, it could be part of the issue.

I will check The linkage again tomorrow. It could be another roll pin. I am not losing any fluid.

Yes, you will need to verify all of the linkages.

Roll pins usually "jump" to the lower position, hydraulics tend to bleed off.

Make sure the hyd lift lever is returning all the way to N on the valve.....

Al V.

A lot of OEM parts can be found on the sponsor tabs at the top of the page. There are parts that are no longer available, but they have excellent substitutes for these also.

As some have said, it is your tractor to do as you wish. We won't get upset with your decisions as long as you post pics!
biggrin.gif

And yes, you CAN make it "oretty"!
err.gif

See,...

302127.jpg

302128.jpg

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 134
  • 302128.jpg
    302128.jpg