• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm new ti the forum this is all a little overwhelming but first Kraig that Kohler rebuild looks unbelievable, excellent quality work. Mr. Bradley thank you for the photos those will help but still would like some of the bottom of the where the blade attaches to the trip mechanismand springs. And yes the weatherman is saying 6-10" total for wed. the 105 and QA42 gased and ready to go. We get both barrels at our house as I work for the county and my wife delivers mail but I can always get out of my drive way thanks to my 105 barking at 2:30. Don't think the neighbor likes the staight pipe.

Jarrod C.-

That is the problem if your tractor had manual lift, I can guarantee that. Calm down, no need to go back to manual lift.

Don T, I agree with Matt G. on overhaulin the PTO. Last summer when my 128 found its way to me, the PTO was missing a finger. After fabing one up, it took several attemps (adjustments) on and off tractor to make it work ok. The rebuild kit is cheap enough, and you will be happy with a new trouble free PTO for years.
coffee.gif

John, yes that would look good in your 122 but that's not where is going. It's going into my #1 125, the one my parents bought new in 1969. I just got in from the shed a few minutes ago. I removed the hood and grill. I got two of the outer lock screws from the PTO and one of the cone points out. I have a feeling the slide hammer is going to come into play soon...

79133.jpg

Denny, I'll have to check to see if I have photos of your straight pipe when I get into work tomorrow.

Kraig,

Those PTO clutches can be a BEAR to get off!

I found that leaving the engine on the machine and using a 25 foot chain with some slack hooked up behind the clutch in the center of the chain, you can "whip" the clutch off holding the two loose ends one in each hand.

Don T.

You need a retaining ring spacer with ID slightly larger than your stack pipe and that is chamferred on one side of the ID to clear your weld. Match drill to your two attach bolt locations and you are set.

On your PTO, I would replace those fingers and the button as they are clearly worn. Surprisingly, the fingers are not as expensive from CC as I thought they would be as I got a couple new ones recently. A new PTO kit from any of the fine forum sponsors and you are ready to mow grass or blow snow. The kits are a bit expensive.

Ron R. on the PTO rebuild kit. Seems to me that 20++ years of worry free use is "cheap enough" to me, for the cost of a rebuild kit.
thumbsup.gif
. I guess it would cost more if you are missing parts for the PTO that are not included in the rebuild kit. Or if you had to pay someone to rebuild it for ya!

Ron R, not trying to step on any toes here. I guess that each is intitled to their opinion on what is cheap/expensive

welll guys here is the scoop on the pto. it was rebilt but the cotter key on one end of the rock shaft had been missed so the button did not align itself with the pto Button. so that funny noise was the button coming in contact with the fingers on the clutch. there was no wear on the fiber clutch so i will try to set it up again after i installed new cotter keys on both sides of the rock shaft. if that don`t work i`am of to our sponsers to get a new kit,but only after i try to get it set up. time is all it takes. later Don T

79140.gif

What a night. It sure sounds bad in western KY and down in TN. 24 have lost their life in TN.
Henri and Luther we need to hear from you guys...

Hope you were hanging on Ken. Listening to that damn weather radio sure is maddning. All of it went sout of us last night. Now we have ice this morning. Weather man just does not get it, I cannot get any seat time with ice to plow.

Morning guys. i had good news this morning my snow blade has left Ohio and will be delivered to Fran C in Maine friday morning. A trip to Maine will hapen in the next few weeks.Hope there is snow left to plow when i get it home. Don T

Yesterday was a great day! The Cub Cadet Gods were looking over me. I know that there have been a few people converting the newer style decks to fit the old stuff like my 149. Yesterday I was able to take a look at the couple decks that my local shop had in stock from way back when.
The deck that I now have looks to be an exact copy of my original deck except it is a 38" instead of a 42"-both 3 blade. The kit I have was brand new in the box complete from the mule drive, carriage, belts. From what I can see the carriage is identical. I was able to slide the deck under my 149 and slide it on the carriage and go-using my original carriage and mule drive. The mule drive that came with this appears to be a later one that is thicker in the front like off a 1641-90's version. The differences that I see in this setup is that I will have to change the center pulley from my old deck to this one because the belt for this later deck is larger in thickness.
So basically the only modification to fit it on is to change the center pulley-and using the old mule drive and I guess I can use the new carriage if I want. Also the color looks more of a creamy white than mine.

By the way here are the numbers off the stuff:
Mfg Date: K2896
Model: 38" deck 357190 38C
Serial #: 368964

If anybody knows what model Cub this came off of please let me know.
I hope this information will be useful!

Thanks,
Mark

groupwave.gif

Kraig -

A most excellent engine. Aren't roadtrips with the kid(s) fun? I took my two oldest boys to fetch "415."

Craig, thanks! David did an excellent job on it. Funny, I never once heard "are we there yet?".
happy.gif
All she asked was "can we watch a movie when we get home?" I figured that was a reasonable request. She wanted to watch Star Wars Episode 6, not my favorite of the Star Wars series but I'm OK with it. Speaking of "415" have you uncovered anything new about it?

Back