• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlang

displayname
John Lang
Kraig, I love those photos of your killer Kohler engine! Very nice, what tractor are you putting it in? It would sure look nice in my 122 I think!
happy.gif

DONALD - I think Kraig may have a pic of a straight pipe I put on the warmed-up K321 I put in My 72 last spring... I have WAY too many trees to mow under to run a any kind of vertical pipe so My pipe runs in the same place the later mufflers do but is 1-1/2" dia with about 22" length from exh. port flange to the end of the pipe. Pipe was an aluminized "J-Bend" from Summit and the flange was from a small scrap of 1/4" plate ground and filed to fit. It doesn't resist ex. flow much because it blows stuff off My workbench from 10-12 ft away at idle! Makes the Wife & Neighbors REAL happy when I mow late in the evening too! Glad none of You guys live close to Me!
Shift.gif
That engine BARKS like a strong running Harley!

wonder if some one can help me out with the 169 i recently hooked up the hydraulics and its has to be wide open to lift the snowblade. im sure i got all the air out. the hydrostat is fine could it be something simple or is the hydraulic pump out of it? i unhooked the cylinder from the lift arm and it powers in and out as it should just dosnt have any power, anyhelp ill appreciate,,jared carson

We got 3-4" inches of very wet, heavy snow today. I knew the walk-behind snowblower would be useless, so I cleared the driveway with my 106 and snow blade, equipped with the rubber cutting edge I got from Paul K. Everything worked great. My wife shot a couple short videos while I was "working". Here's the best one:

Snow Plowing

Jared C.-

You need to change the implement relief spring. Charlie and/or Kraig has the service bulletin scan...

well i have yet to finish the PTo because i lost my gauge but a friend named Don sent me a template for it and Charliw will send down another with the shippment he has ready thursday. i have given some thought to taking a larger piece of pipe and flatening it and weld a bafel in it with a top section for the flapper i have.i`am sure some on here could mock that up easy lol. but i can see and will try the mod. i will have to wrap the pipe so as to save the paint on the hood.later Don T
coffee.gif

Don, are you using a rebuild kit for the PTO?

Matt thanks,, what is the implemant relif spring and where is it at and ill try it ,,jared

Christopher Cote (Ccote) i`am replaceing the spring with new fingers and a new center button and Bronze PTO Button . that should keep it running trouble free.
Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) i would like to see a picture of that pipe you installed . i know i will have to work the bracket to get the clearence i need for the hood. and i woundred if any one could tell that mufler was off an AMF lol

Don,

I did the same thing with the PTO on my 106. If you aren't putting in a new friction disc, the gauge won't be of any use to you. Your old friction disc is worn and will require more preload on the the spring. I ended up pulling my PTO off several times and adjusting it before I finally gave up and installed the entire rebuild kit, including the friction disc.

Jarod C.-

Hopefully Charlie or Kraig (or someone else) will see this and post the appropriate documents, I don't have them.

Christopher you are probly correct with the new kit but i want to give it a shot. i might have to make a tool to compress the spring and adjust it before i install the PTO .
79131.jpg

I used a 2-jaw gear puller to compress the spring on mine. A 3-jaw puller would work perfect, but I didn't have one handy at the time.

Don T.-

From the looks of those parts, I'd rebuild it. There appears to be a ton of wear on the release fingers.

Big snow coming our way, I'm hearing up 20" between Madison, WI. and the Illinois/Wisconsin line.

Watching Chris "C"'s I have a little tip for the guys with the strong arm lift. After hitting the snow pile at "Ramming Speed", back off just a bit before you try lifting the plow. The Curve of the blade conforms to the snow pile, backing off just a tad really helps.

Tom, you're 100% right. When I hit the pile, the snow packed like concrete. I couldn't lift the plow until I started backing up. I can't wait to get my 149 fixed up, and plow with a hydro and hydraulic lift!

digger,, so i guess my relief is at the top in the center of the pump???, i hope this works ,idont have another rearend. plus i dont think it can be to serious cause the tractor still has gobs of power,ill just sell the hydraulic lift parts and put it back manual,jared

Back